Learn to See Creatively
Technically perfect photos can still be boring if they have bad creative choices. Learn how to see creatively and take amazing photographs with any camera including cell phones, point-&-shoots, DSLR, mirrorless and video cameras. In this workshop, anyone can learn how to make great creative choices and how to turn simple creative choices into beautiful photographs.
- Composition: How to frame, crop and place your subject
- Angle: How to look at different walk-around, camera height and tilt angles.
- Lighting: How to find great natural lighting, time of day and angle of light.
- Lens: How to zoom your lens, change distance from subject for perspective and expansion/compression.
- Secrets of taking great portraits of family and friends as well as fashion photography.
- How to change the background behind your subject without changing camera settings.
- How to take great photographs of any subject: Travel, family, sports, nature, concerts, etc.
- How to combine simple creative choices together to create beautiful photographs that will make people say "Wow!"
- How to take creative studies of a subject using Jerry's C.A.L.L.™ Creative Choices.
This class is perfect for anyone that loves to take photographs — no matter how experienced. Learning how to see creatively will help you take great photos with any subject or camera. Hughes has taught children as young as 4 these concepts, and they loved it.
- A camera: cell phone camera, point-&-shoot, DSLR, Mirrorless, etc.
- A fully charged battery
- A memory card with space on it
- A note pad and pen to take notes if you would like to, or a tablet or computer for taking notes
Schedule and Format
This is a three-hour, hands-on class where we watch a slide presentation and then take photos using what we learned on setups in the classroom. There is a lot of picture taking, and we'll take a break around the midway point.
About the Instructor
Jerry Hughes is a professional photographer, best selling author, inventor, world traveler and speaker. As a photographer, his fashion work has been in Vogue magazine and his corporate clients have included IBM, Proctor & Gamble and Ford. Hughes is also an award-winning portrait and wedding photographer. He is a fun and energetic speaker who creates a great learning experience. He is also known for his patience with beginners. Hughes has taught photography to people from United Nations ambassadors and diplomats to high school students at national journalism conventions. His photography books are used to teach photography around the world from grade school through the university level. He has been a Precision Camera University instructor since 2006.
Learn more about Jerry on his website.
Please review our class cancellation policy below.
You can cancel a class registration up to two business days before the class begins and receive a full refund except for with some special classes and events such as the Mock Wedding and excursions. See below for more information.
Each class needs a minimum number of students to enroll before the class can “make.” If the minimum enrollment has not been met two business days before the class begins, the class will be cancelled. All students who enrolled in the class will be notified by telephone or email, and may transfer to a different class or be issued a refund (see refund procedure). We encourage all students to enroll as soon as registration begins. Please check your phone and email messages, including your SPAM.
Unless otherwise stated, class refunds are only issued to customers that provide notice to the store that they would like a refund no later than two business days prior to the class. Refunds will not be issued to customers who sign up for a class but fail to attend.
How to Reschedule or Cancel a Class
Please contact the store at 512-467-7676 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel a class. Class cancellations or requests to be rescheduled that are sent through other channels, such as Facebook or Meetup.com messages, will not be honored. Please note that class refunds are only issued during business hours, Monday through Friday.
6 and 12 Month Special Financing* Available
On purchases of $299 or more. Online through Klarna, available at checkout.
Find Out More