Organizing Images in Adobe Lightroom
Adobe Lightroom is a wonderful photo software that lets you organize and adjust your digital photographs. In the next 10 years you will have thousands of digital images that you need to organize. Learning how to organize them now and doing it as you go is a great idea. It also helps you enjoy your best photos more. Adobe Lightroom has a great organizing module that we will cover in this workshop. I recommend Adobe Lightroom as your foundation and Photoshop as something you can learn if you need to after Lightroom.
- How to import images from your computer or a memory card.
- The settings to choose in the Import window.
- How to Star rate your images separate the good from the bad, the better from the best.
- How to flag favorite images.
- How to key word sections of images and people in individual images to make them easier to search for.
- How to create a manual collection of images and set the target collection.
- How to create a Smart collection which is like a data base request to find and collect images.
- How to export images with the changes you have made.
- How to export high resolution images for prints and low resolution images to email.
- How to back up your Lightroom catalog to an external hard drive.
- How to find your catalog if you lose it.
- An important secret to making a coffee table book or slide show in Lightroom.
- How to use the tool and filter bar.
- How to rename folders in the Lightroom catalog.
This class is perfect for anyone that loves to take photographs from beginner to long time photographer. Adobe Lightroom is great at helping you organize your digital images so you can find them, share and enjoy them. There are many advantages to Adobe Lightroom over Photoshop. If you want to learn photo software I would suggest starting with Adobe Lightroom.
A computer with Adobe Lightroom installed and working.
A note pad and pen to take notes if you would like to or a tablet or computer for taking notes.
Some people don't have a laptop and come and just take notes.
Schedule and Format
This is a very hands on class where we work on images, importing them, rating them, adding keywords, flags and much more. This workshop is 3 hours with a break around the half way point.
About the Instructor
Jerry Hughes is a professional photographer, best selling author, inventor, world traveler and speaker. As a photographer, his fashion work has been in Vogue magazine and his corporate clients have included IBM, Proctor & Gamble and Ford. Hughes is also an award-winning portrait and wedding photographer. He is a fun and energetic speaker who creates a great learning experience. He is also known for his patience with beginners. Hughes has taught photography to people from United Nations ambassadors and diplomats to high school students at national journalism conventions. His photography books are used to teach photography around the world from grade school through the university level. He has been a Precision Camera University instructor since 2006.
Learn more about Jerry on his website.
12 Month Special Financing* Available
On purchases of $299 or more. In-store only with your Synchrony card.
Find Out More