Manfrotto MVT502AM tripod with 500 head
Manfrotto MVT502AM tripod with 500 head
The Manfrotto MVH500A Fluid Drag Video Head with MVT502AM Tripod and Carry Bag features a a fluid head with a wide platform to support the HDSLR form factor, and a 60 mm half ball for quick leveling without adjusting the legs. The head supports a maximum weight load of 11 pounds and has a built-in pre-set spring-loaded counterbalance of 5.3 pounds. It features a tilt range of -70°/+90° and it provides 360° panning rotation. The head also features a side lock system for the sliding QR plate, and an integrated bubble level.
The 2-stage tripod feature a 75 mm bowl and includes a 75 to 60 mm adapter so you can use the MVH500A head. The legs are individually adjustable, and feature a mid level spreader for stability on uneven ground. The minimum height of the tripod and head is just over two feet, for getting low angle shots, and the maximum height is just over 5 feet. The legs feature non-removable feet suitable for exteriors and interiors, and are gentle on delicate floors. The included padded carry bag makes transporting your tripod and head simple and easy.
- The wide camera platform provides support for DSLR cameras, making this head suitable for both camcorders and DSLR cameras.
- The 60 mm half ball allows you to quickly level the head without having to readjust the legs. It also makes it simpler to create dutch angled shots without dangerously unbalancing the tripod.
- The spring loaded counterbalance is fixed at 5.3 pounds, however the head supports 11 pounds, and the counterbalance will still provide assistance when using camera set ups heavier than 5.3 pounds.
- Professional fluid cartridges provide fixed fluid drag in both the pan and tilt axes.
- The head features a tilt range of 90 degrees forward and 70 degrees back, allowing you to tilt the camera straight down, and tilt it almost straight up.
- The head pans through 360 degrees, allowing you to take long panoramic shots or spin the camera around on the head.
- The side lock system allows the sliding QR plate to click into the head from above, instead of needing to be aligned and slid in from the back. This gives you the speed of a touch and go quick release with the balance adjustment capability of a sliding QR plate.
- An integrated bubble level on the head aids you in quickly leveling the fluid head.
- The included 500PLONG sliding QR plate also includes both a 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 camera tie down screws.
- The head includes one pan bar, and features two pan bar mounting rosettes, one on each side of the head, for left or right handed operation. A second optional pan bar allows you to operate the head with two pan bars at the same time.
- The Easy Link connector, is a 3/8"-16 threaded hole in the side of the head that allows you to easily mount accessories to the fluid head itself, and not the camera.
- Featuring a 75mm bowl for attaching a fluid head, a 75 to 60 mm adapter is included for using with the MVH500A head.
- The tripod legs can support over 33 pounds, easily carrying the weight of the fluid head and camera. The closed length (without fluid head) is just over two feet, and has a height range of 22.4 to 56.5 inches and weighs only 4.3 pounds.
- The legs are constructed out of oval aluminum tubes for strength and durability. Each leg can be independently raised and lowered when required.
- The mid level spreader helps prevent instability that a ground level spreader can introduce when working on uneven surfaces.
- Non removable rubber feet provide secure grip, and are gentle on delicate surfaces, such as interior floors.
- An elastic leg strap helps keep the legs secured together during transportation and storage.
Padded Carry Bag
- The padded carry bag, keeps your tripod and head together during storage or transport.
12 Month Special Financing* Available
On purchases of $299 or more. In-store only with your Synchrony card.
Find Out More