PCU Weekend 2017
What is PCU?
PCU, short for Precision Camera University, is our education and community outreach program. PCU Weekend is a three-day, hands-on photography workshop getaway. We have flown in the best instructors from around the country so that you can spend the weekend knee deep in photography! This year, we will have seven, that's right SEVEN, photographers available. You will choose three photographers to learn from and will spend one full day with each. Each instructor's teaching style will vary, but each day will feature a mix of seminar and shooting time. The workshops will include access to models and images you capture will be yours to use for portfolio and promotional purposes. The weekend is a great opportunity to add to your portfolio, network with other photographers and have an amazing, memorable time.
If you have any questions regarding the event or your registration, please email Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is included with my Registration?
- Three full days of education with top professionals
- Access to the industries hottest vendors
- Equipment to use during the workshops
- Lunches and Dinners during the workshop
- Model Releases for promotional use only
- Commemorative T-shirt
- Networking opportunities with fellow photographers
Upon registration, you will choose instructors in the order you wish to see them. We will do our best to give everyone their first choices, but registration is based on first-come first-served basis. Classes can accommodate up to 20 students each day. All selections must be finalized by March 17.
About the instructors and their workshops:
- Panasonic & Adobe Sponsored: Mark Heaps - Advanced Post Production
- Fujifilm Sponsored: Bill Fortney - Landscape
- Olympus Sponsored: Laura Hicks - Wedding
- Profoto Sponsored: Victoria Will - Portraiture
- Sony Sponsored: Me Ra Koh - Natural Lighting & Families
- Tamron Sponsored: Johnathan Thorpe - Editorial & Portraiture
- Westcott Sponsored: Kevin Kubota - Lighting Workflow
Tell me about Accommodations:
The event will be held at the Bastrop Convention Center in Bastrop, Texas. We listened to your feedback, and we're hosting PCU weekend close to home so you can save money!
If you want to stay in the Bastrop area, you can choose any hotel. Staff will be staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites hotel, but you do not have to stay there. No events or meals are being held at the hotel, but we do love being able to socialize with everyone!
Cut your lodging cost in half by finding a roomie! Most of the hotel rooms have two beds. If you're interested in rooming with someone, make sure to join the PCU Alumni Facebook group and post a message there: PCU ALUMNI FACEBOOK GROUP
Okay, I'm In! 3 Easy Steps:
2. Find accommodations.
3. You will receive an email a couple weeks before the event with all of the weekend details that will have the weekend schedule, what to bring, etc. Plan on arriving at the convention center between 10:00 a.m. and noon on Friday for registration.