If you want to adjust your images, Adobe Photoshop is a great software, but it is a big program that can be overwhelming. This class will cover the basics to get you started and give you a foundation to grow from. Your camera settings are only the first half of exposure. How you develop an image is the rest. Learn how to get the most out of your digital images using Adobe Photoshop, a digital darkroom.
To insure that class can begin promptly at it's start time, please have a fully installed and working version of Photoshop on your laptop. If you have a desktop computer, you can simply take notes. See the "Needed Supplies" section below for more information.
- How the tool bar works.
- The secrets to zooming in on and moving an image quickly and easily
- Where the mini menu is for each tool
- Taking things out of a photograph using the clone tool
- Creating layers
- How to do the Alt/Option dance to select for cloning
- How to soften wrinkles and get rid of blemishes using the healing brush
- Using opacity to choose how much wrinkles show
- Saving images
- Viewing multiple images
- Using the Liquify filter to make people slimmer
- How to setup the History Pallet for forgiveness when you make a mistake
- Resizing brushes and adjusting softness
- Removing the glare from flash photos
This workshop is geared towards beginners who want to learn the basics of Photoshop and how to adjust their images using it.
- A computer with Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements installed and working. (Those without a laptop often come and just take notes.)
- A notepad or device for note taking.
Schedule and Format
This is a hands-on class where we work on images, importing them, rating them, adding keywords, flags and much more. This workshop is three-hours long with a break around the midway point.
About the Instructor
Jerry Hughes is a professional photographer, best selling author, inventor, world traveler and speaker. As a photographer, his fashion work has been in Vogue magazine and his corporate clients have included IBM, Proctor & Gamble and Ford. Hughes is also an award-winning portrait and wedding photographer. He is a fun and energetic speaker who creates a great learning experience. He is also known for his patience with beginners. Hughes has taught photography to people from United Nations ambassadors and diplomats to high school students at national journalism conventions. His photography books are used to teach photography around the world from grade school through the university level. He has been a Precision Camera University instructor since 2006.
Learn more about Jerry on his website.
12 Month Special Financing* Available
On purchases of $299 or more. In-store only with your Synchrony card.
Find Out More