PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver
The PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver is the most reliable, feature-packed, easy-to-use solution for remote flash and camera triggering available. The Plus III Transceiver features an impressive 32 channels. Whether you’re a wedding or sports shooter or working in a busy studio, finding a clear channel is never a problem. Selective Quad-Zone Triggering, a feature once reserved for elite photographers, adds four zones enabling photographers to remotely trigger flash and or cameras in groups or individually. For photographers being asked to do more for less, this added flexibility is a huge competitive advantage.
The PocketWizard Plus III Transceiver Features:
- 32 channels -With the Plus III Transceiver's 32 channels (16 Standard plus 16 Quad-Zone Triggering channels), finding an open channel is easy. Photographers working in a busy environment, including wedding halls, sports arenas or busy studios, can dial in a channel as simply as pushing a button.
- Auto-sensing Transceiver - When set to TxRx, it will instantly and intelligently switch between transmitter and receiver modes as needed for greater flexibility on the job. The Plus III may be set to transmit (Tx) or receive (Rx) only when needed.
- Two-stage remote camera triggering -The Plus III Transceiver is the perfect solution for remote camera triggering. The unique two-stage TEST button on the Plus III works just like the shutter release button on your camera. Press it halfway and your remote camera wakes up to meter and focus. Press TEST all the way to take your photo. When released, your remote camera will return to sleep mode normally; a real battery saver. Using the right cables, you can have a remote camera follow the camera in your hands - half press your hand-held camera's shutter release and the remote camera meters/focuses, full press and both cameras trigger away. This feature requires a receiving Plus III, MultiMAX or FlexTT5, and ACC Pre-Trigger cables.
- Auto-relay mode - Our Auto-Sensing Transceiver technology lets you trigger a remote camera in sync with remote flashes using only 3 PocketWizard radios: the one in your hands, a Plus III cabled to your remote camera, and the one connected to your remote flash. The Plus III cabled to your remote camera will receive a radio signal and trigger the camera's motor drive, then switch to transmit mode and trigger your PocketWizard-connected remote flashes, all automatically. Start the sequence by simply pressing the TEST button of any PocketWizard Transmitter in your hands. Remote cameras require motor drive cables.
- Long range capabilities - Under ideal conditions, The Plus III Transceiver works up to 500 meters (1600 feet). Shooting environments are seldom ideal, so the Plus III incorporates two range extending modes for the challenges of the real world. Use Long Range Mode (LR) to nearly double the effective triggering distance in almost any environment. In very challenging environments or extremely long working ranges, place a Plus III in Repeater Mode (RP) between your transmitter and receiver to repeat the signal and complete the connection. These modes take a little extra time to do their jobs, so maximum X-sync may be reduced when firing remote flashes in LR or RP modes.
- High speed receive- Normally, the Plus III is capable of triggering lights or cameras at a sustained rate of up to 12 frames per second (FPS), a standard for PocketWizard radios. Set the Plus III to High Speed Receive Mode (HSR) and trigger at rates up to 14.5 FPS, beyond the capability of most of today's cameras. This mode can also help high FPS triggering compatibility for any flash.
- Simple user interface - The Plus III has an intuitive user interface where all channels, zones and modes can be easily engaged via a soft-touch keypad, and displayed on an easy-to-read backlit 2.5cm (1") LCD display. When you're working in dark environments, simply press any key other than TEST to Illuminate the LCD.
- Mode & Power off/on switch - To turn on your Plus III, hold down the MODE/Power button for about two seconds. Press the MODE button to select the Mode of operation you want to use. Press and hold MODE button down for a few seconds to turn the Plus III off.
- Sync speed - Ultra-fast microprocessors allow for reliable sync speeds of 1/250 for focal plane shutters and 1/500 for leaf shutters.
- Easy to connect - On your camera, the Plus III slides into the hot shoe with no cables required. For your remotes, it features one do-it-all sync port. The industry-standard miniphone (3.5mm or 1/8") connector is much more reliable than a PC connection, so each Plus III comes complete with a miniphone-to-miniphone cable, and a miniphone-to-phono (1/4" or 6.3mm) adapter for triggering the majority of modern flashes. And it even comes with a miniphone to locking PC cable for triggering some remote speedlights, or for using your Plus III on-camera when you can't put it in a hot shoe. Other miniphone connector cables are available for major brands of lighting equipment in a variety of lengths. Dedicated remote camera triggering cables are also available for popular camera systems.
- Extrremely compatible - The Plus III is compatible with all PocketWizard transmitters and receivers of the same frequency* including PocketWizard-enabled photo gear from Profoto, Dynalite, Norman, Photogenic and Sekonic light meters. The PocketWizard wireless system allows for total flexibility with whatever lights or cameras you may be working with. (*FCC and CE PocketWizard radios operate on different frequencies)
- Sleek design - The Plus III features a durable, side profile design with an unobtrusive, internal antenna minimizing visual obstruction between you and your subject. By utilizing an internal antenna, there's no chance to kink or break it when on location. The total height of the transceiver and antenna is less than 5.25 inches, and it weighs only 4 ounces, including batteries.
- Camera hot shoe mounting - The Plus III mounts facing to the side to provide a smaller profile while shooting. This unique mounting position enables quick Channel and Mode selection as well as easy setting of zones. No other radio triggering system offers this kind of positive operation.
- External power and firmware upgradeable - The Plus III is normally powered by two AA (IEC:LR6) batteries. For long term remote placement, use a compatible AC adapter that plugs into the standard Mini-B USB port of the Plus III. The USB port also enables future upgrades of the Plus III operating system.
CE model: 433.42 - 434.42 MHz
1-16 standard channels
17-32 selective Quad-Zone Triggering channels
Reverse compatible with all PocketWizard radios of the same frequency* using standard or Quad-Zone Triggering channels (*FCC and CE PocketWizard radios work on different frequencies)
A - B - C - D
Compatible with other PocketWizard radios with Quad-Zone Triggering channels
Precision tuned internal coil
Backlit 2.5cm (1.0") liquid crystal display (LCD)
Up to 500 meters (1600 feet)
(actual range is dependent on multiple factors including equipment, mode, environment, positioning, orientation and interference)
Up to 1/250 for focal plane shutters
Up to 1/500 for leaf shutters
Up to 14.5 FPS
62 milliseconds in normal operation
2 milliseconds in High Speed Receive (HSR) Mode
LED: Green, Amber, Red status indications
Less than 1 milliwatt (0.001 watt)
Two (2) AA (IEC:LR6) alkaline recommended
NiMH, NiCAD, NiZn, Lithium acceptable (these chemistries may not report battery life accurately)
USB (optional AC adapter PW-AC-USB available)
Up to 50 hours (with alkaline batteries)
300 Volts (Camera/Flash Port)
1.0 A peak, 0.2 A (1/5 Amp or 200 milliamp) continuous current limited
3 volts, safe for use with all digital and film cameras
USB 2.0 Mini-B Connector
High impact plastic with captive battery door
120 grams (4 ounces) with batteries installed
Height: 13.3 cm (5.25")
Width: 5.1 cm (2.00")
Depth: 3.2 cm (1.25")
Above -15 C (5 F) and below 50 C (120 F).
Above -30 C (-22 F) and below 85 C (185 F) (without battery)
3.5mm (1/8") stereo miniphone jack, hot shoe
Hot shoe, lanyard/D-Ring loop, -20 threaded insert
Stereo 3.5mm (1/8") miniphone to miniphone cable
Mono 3.5mm miniphone to locking PC cable
Stereo 3.5mm miniphone to 6.3mm (") adapter
Operation reference sticker
Isolation bar, trigger buttons, camera motor drive cables, PC cables and adapters, flash sync cables and protective case
12 Month Special Financing* Available
On purchases of $299 or more. In-store only with your Synchrony card.
Find Out More