Most items purchased from Precision Camera and returned within 14 days from the date of purchase with the original receipt are eligible for refund or exchange and, unless defective, are subject to a restocking fee.
EXCEPTIONS: Film, photo paper, opened software, computers, printers, ink, ribbons or Special Ordered items are non-returnable due to their sensitive nature.
- Returned items must be in NEW FACTORY-FRESH condition, as shipped from the manufacturer. The product and all boxes, packing materials, wrappers, cartons, cables, instruction manuals, blank warranty cards, accessories etc., must be included without damage, markings, tape, folds or defacing.
- If any of the above conditions are not met, Precision Camera reserves the right to either refuse the return or to charge a minimum 15% restocking fee, plus the cost of the missing items.
- Restocking fees are waived for defective items only if exchanged for the exact same product.
- Initially defective products must be exchanged within 14 days. Full Manufacturer's USA warranties are supplied with all brand new items. After 14 days, all defective products must be shipped to the manufacturer for warranty repair. Concealed damage or abuse is not covered.
- Refunds will be issued by the same method paid, less shipping & handling and restocking fee, if any. If you received free shipping, we will deduct the actual cost of shipping from your refund.
- Refunds for cash purchases over $50 will be paid by check. Allow 14-21 days for refund by check.
Upon receipt of your new merchandise, please inspect it carefully as to contents and condition. All claims for damaged or missing items MUST be reported to Precision Camera within two (2) business days of receipt of merchandise. In the event your package arrives damaged, it is the responsibility of the customer to contact the carrier to inspect the package to assure full refund/replacement. All packaging MUST be retained until the problem has been resolved. Carefully unpack and inspect all merchandise. Please DO NOT damage the manufacturer's packaging. DO NOT fill out the manufacturer's warranty cards until you are absolutely sure you want to keep your merchandise. We cannot accept merchandise for return with completed warranty cards of damaged or missing collateral material. Do not throw away any of the packaging materials such as boxes, instructions, inserts, bags, etc until you are completely sure you want to keep the equipment. Keep your Invoice with your important records. Read all instruction manuals BEFORE testing your equipment. Precision Camera will not be responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. Our sole responsibility is for the monetary value of the merchandise.
You must submit a Return Request and wait for approval & directions prior to shipping your item back. Items returned to us without following this procedure may be returned to you.
Used Purchase Returns
Used equipment purchases include a 30 day-from-time-of-purchase warranty. All used purchases have been inspected thoroughly by certified camera repair technicians. Due to the nature of used equipment, we are unable to accept returns on non-defective items. Defective returns will be inspected to ensure they meet the cosmetic condition they were in when they were sold. Damaged equipment will be repaired at our current repair rates.
Shipping Items Back to UsProduct return shipping is the responsibility of the customer unless by our mistake. No C.O.D. freight can be accepted. Package your return inside another container with at least 2 inches of packing material on all sides. Do not deface the manufacturer's original packaging. Package should include original receipt or, at the minimum, your invoice number and reason for return. We highly recommend you use a trackable shipping method with both insurance and required signature. We are not responsible for packages lost in transit on the way back to us.
Purchases being returned should be shipped to:
Precision Camera, L.P.
Attn: Online Sales
2438 West Anderson Lane Ste B-4 Austin, TX 78757
You can cancel a class registration up to 24 hours before the class begins and receive a full refund except for with some special classes and events such as the Mock Wedding and PCU Weekend. You have up until a week before a scheduled Mock Wedding and PCU Weekend to cancel and receive a full refund. If you register for a class that we hold on a regular basis, and do not show up for the class, you will be allowed to reschedule one time. After one reschedule attempt, you forfeit the class and your refund. If you do not show up for a class that we are only holding one time, your class registration will be forfeited and you will not be permitted to reschedule. If you sign up for the Basic Digital Photography class with a coupon code and do not show up for the class, your class will be forfeited and you will not be permitted to reschedule. Please contact the store at 512-467-7676 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel a class. Class cancellations or requests to be rescheduled that are sent through other channels, such as Facebook or Meetup.com messages, will not be honored. Please note that class refunds are only issued during business hours, Monday through Friday.