Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera- Body Only *Special Order Only*
Please call 512/467-7676 for more details on special ordering this item.
Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera- Body Only
The new α99 II camera is Sony’s first full-frame camera to feature the acclaimed 4D Focus system, bringing a supreme level of AF performance to Sony’s A-mount line-up. The Hybrid Phase Detection AF system is enabled by combining a precision 79-point* dedicated phase detection AF sensor with 399 focal plane phase detection AF points*– to produce a 79 hybrid cross AF point* array. This enables incredibly precise autofocus performance and advanced subject tracking of any high-speed moving objects across the frame. In addition, Translucent Mirror Technology, with no moving mirror, ensures steady, continuous AF operation and live image preview during both still image and video shooting. The precision AF system also performs exceptionally in low-light conditions, as it will function properly in brightness levels as low as EV-45 and in dark locations where most other cameras struggle.
In addition to its advanced autofocusing, the α99 II has been designed to allow for high resolution, continuous shooting at high frame rates. The camera features a new front-end LSI that works with the image sensor, BIONZ X® image processing engine and a newly designed shutter unit to enable continuous shooting at impressive speeds of up to 12 fps* with AF/AE tracking*. Thanks to a large buffer, these shots can be viewed immediately after shooting, even when in high-speed continuous shooting mode. Additionally, if these high-speed shots are being taken indoors under artificial lighting, the camera can automatically detect flicker and time the shutter accordingly to minimize its effect on the resulting images*.
The new α99 II also has the ability to deliver continuous live shooting at up to 8 fps* with AF/AE tracking and minimal display lag thanks to overall improvements in the EVF algorithm. This offers photographers a shooting experience that closely mimics that of an optical viewfinder, while still offering all of the benefits of an electronic viewfinder, including a live preview of exposure, white balance, and several other camera settings. This continuous live-view shooting can be set in 3 stages to match a variety of subjects: 8 fps, 6 fps and 4 fps.
The back-illuminated full-frame 42.4MP* Exmor R CMOS sensor in the new α99 II model features a gapless-on-chip design that allows for fast readout of large volumes of data and maximizes light gathering ability. The net result is very high sensitivity with low noise, wide dynamic range and 42.4MP resolution across an ISO range of 100-25600, expandable to ISO 50–102,400*.
The new camera has also been designed without an optical low-pass filter, ensuring that all of the finest natural details and textures can be captured with unprecedented depth and realism. Both compressed and uncompressed RAW files are readily available based on user preferences.
5-axis SteadyShot™ INSIDE Image Stabilization
Sony has designed a new in-body 5-axis image stabilization system for A-mount cameras that debuts for the first time in the α99 II model. Having proven to be incredibly popular in the ɑ7 II series of cameras, this five axis system effectively detects and compensates for movement in all axes including X and Y, pitch and yaw and camera roll, and ensures that all captured content is crisp and blur-free. The new stabilization system provides a shutter speed advantage of 4.5 steps*, ensuring the full potential of the 42.4MP sensor can be realized. Also, with a simple half press of the shutter button, the effect of this the image stabilization can be monitored in the viewfinder or on the LCD screen, allowing framing and focus to be accurately checked and continually monitored.
Improved design and operability
Based upon feedback from professional users, the design of new α99 II has noticeably evolved compared to its predecessor. The new model is 8% smaller than the original ɑ99 and features a newly designed grip, magnesium alloy body, dual SD card slots* and dust and moisture resistance*.
The α99 II also features a new shutter unit that has an estimated life of more than 300,000 operations*, as well as an XGA OLED Tru-finder with a ZEISS® T* Coating that offers a powerful 0.78x magnification and delivers outstanding clarify from corner to corner. The viewfinder also has a fluorine coating on the outer lens to prevent fingerprints, dust, water, oil and dirt from sticking, ensuring a clear view.
The silent Multi Controller introduced in the original ɑ99 has been improved as well, as it now offers a click-stop ON/OFF switch in addition to allowing control of aperture, shutter speed, ISO, exposure compensation, AF area, AF mode and other settings. The α99 II also offers location data acquisition via a Bluetooth* connection to a compatible mobile device and an updated menu structure to deliver a smoother navigational experience.
For the first time in a Sony A-mount camera, the α99 II has the ability to record 4K video internally* with full pixel readout and no pixel binning* through usage of the professional friendly XAVC S format. The camera is capable of recording high quality footage at 100Mbps for 4K recording, and utilizing the full width of the large, full-frame image sensor in doing so. It also offers a new ‘Slow and Quick’ mode* (S&Q) that supports both slow motion and quick motion. In this mode, frame rates from 1 fps to 120 fps can be selected in 8 steps for up to 60x quick motion and 5x slow motion recording*.
A host of other features for professional movie production workflow are also included in the α99 II such as picture profiles, time code, and clean HDMI output as well as gamma assist for real time S-Log monitoring and a zebra mode for easier exposure adjustment. S-Log3 and S-Log2 gamma are both included as well.
- 42.4 MP Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor & BIONZ X Processor
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization
- Hybrid Phase Detection AF System
- UHD 4K Video Recording in XAVC S Format
- Custom Color Profiles and S-Log3 Gamma
- Slow & Quick Motion Video
- 3.0" 1,228.8k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
- 0.5" 2.36M-Dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder Electronic Viewfinder
- Built-in Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC and Bluetooth
- Picture Effect modes: Posterization (Color, B&W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R/G/B/Y), High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera, Soft High-Key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-Tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, and Illustration.
- Creative Style settings: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, and Sepia (all with +/- 3 step contrast, saturation, and sharpness adjustment).
- Color space: sRGB standard (with sYCC gamut) and Adobe RGB standard compatible with TRILUMINOS Color.
- Adjustable Picture Profile parameters: Black level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-4, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode (Movie, Still, Cinema, Pro, ITU709 Matrix, White & Black, S-Gamut, S-Gamut3.Cine, S-Gamut3), Saturation, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, and Reset.
- Scene Selection modes: Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night Portrait, Night Scene, Hand-held Twilight, and Anti Motion Blur.
- Face Detection is available to base exposure and focus on up to eight recognized faces. Furthermore, Eye AF can be used for even greater precision by maintaining critical focus on a subject's eye.
- Enhanced Eye AF can be used with AF-S and AF-C focusing modes, and automatically detects and tracks a subject's eye for critical focus.
- The Expand Flexible Spot function can be used with AF Area selections to intelligently expand the size of your selected focusing spot if it is not positioned on your subject.
- Pre-flash TTL control with flash bracketing available and a variety of flash modes, including: Flash off, auto, fill-flash, rear sync, slow sync, red-eye reduction, hi-speed sync, and wireless control.
- Sony Alpha a99 II DSLR Camera Body
- Multi-Interface Shoe Cap
- ALC-B55 SLR Camera Body Cap
- NP-FM500H InfoLithium Battery
- BC-VM10A Battery Charger
- Micro-USB Cable
- Eyepiece Cup
- Shoulder Strap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
6 and 12 Month Special Financing* Available
On purchases of $299 or more. Online through Klarna, available at checkout.
Find Out More