WordPress for Photographers
Building a portfolio: WordPress for Photographers
Photographers need a web site and there are many options. WordPress is one of the best and most flexible option. Through its system of templates and plugins a WordPress site can be just about anything from a simple gallery system, to a blog, to a full corporate site with lead generation, ecommerce or learning management.
During this class students will learn why they might choose WordPress, how to pick hosting and install WordPress. The class will take students through WordPress’ system of templates and customization and talk about plugins (and some of my favorites for various tasks). We will focus on dealing with images and cover several options for how to host galleries and image centric blogs and pages.
- What is WordPress and the problems it solves for photographers
- And a quick look at alternatives and how they differ
- The basics of hosting for WordPress (what is managed, shared, vps hosting, etc) and what you need
- Installing Wordpress (it’s easy) and configuring a basic site
- WordPress Basics - Understanding Posts vs Pages, as well as Permalinks and Taxonomies.
- Templates and Plugins - Customize a Site
- How to pick
- Some favorites
- Dealing with Images - Several Options
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - Just the basics.
- Backups… Backups… Backups…
This class is perfect for photographers considering setting up a web site for the first time and individuals with the desire to go beyond the default install of WordPress.
Schedule and Format
This is a lecture-baed class in Precision's classroom. This workshop will be approximately three-hours long with a short break in the middle. Students are encouraged to ask questions and interact throughout.
About the Instructor
Andrew Fritz is a self taught photographer who comes from a software engineering background. On his very first trip with a camera he discovered night photography and has never looked back. He developed his night photography skills through trial and error in environments from the near perfect darkness of west Texas to bright urban settings around Washington DC and Austin. When not making night time images, Andrew is shooting for AzulOx Visuals making a variety of images from weddings, to architecture and everything inbetween. Andrew loves solving problems but more than that, he loves sharing his knowledge with others, helping them grow.
You can contact Andrew with questions about the class at Andrew@AzulOx.com
12 Month Special Financing* Available
On purchases of $299 or more. In-store only with your Synchrony card.
Find Out More