Metabones Canon EF to E-Mount/NEX Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter
The T Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Canon Full-Frame EF-Mount Lens to Sony E-Mount APS-C Camera from Metabones allows a full-frame Canon EF-mount lens to be mounted onto a Sony E-mount camera. While doing so, the adapter's optics help to maximize the connected lens's apparent angle of view while providing a 1-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range.
The T Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Canon Full-Frame EF-Mount Lens to Sony E-Mount APS-C Camera supports electronic communication between an attached camera and lens. If the lens includes autofocus, image stabilization, as well as camera-controlled aperture functions, this adapter is intended to allow those features to be used. If an attached lens is also capable of generating EXIF metadata when used with a directly compatible camera, the T Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Canon Full-Frame EF-Mount Lens to Sony E-Mount APS-C Camera is designed to allow that information to be saved along with image files generated with a combination of the lens, a Sony E-mount camera, and the adapter.
By enabling camera-controlled aperture functions for a Canon EF-Mount Lens when used with a Sony E-mount camera, program, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, as well as manual modes can be set and used through the camera. Power for these functions is transferred from the camera to the lens, and the T Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Canon Full-Frame EF-Mount Lens to Sony E-Mount APS-C Camera is designed to accomplish this in an energy-efficient manner. When manual focusing is preferred with a compatible electronic lens, an integrated switch can be depressed which opens the lens's aperture diaphragm to it largest setting. The resulting shallow depth-of-field can then be used to help ensure focus accuracy.
While the T Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Canon Full-Frame EF-Mount Lens to Sony E-Mount APS-C Camera is intended for Sony E-mount cameras with APS-C sized sensors, it may also be placed on "full frame" Sony E-mount cameras as well. However, such cameras must be set to "crop mode" when combined with this adapter to avoid generating images with vignetting.
- Allows a full-frame Canon EF-mount lens to be used with a Sony E-mount APS-C camera
- Maximizes apparent angle of view of combined camera and lens
- Provides a 1-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range
- Five lens elements in four groups for optical clarity as well as color fidelity
- Supports electronic communication between camera and lens to enable autofocus, image stabilization, on-camera aperture control, and EXIF metadata generation when possible
- Internal coating minimizes reflections within the adapter barrel
- Detachable, Arca-Swiss compatible tripod foot with 3/8" threads
- Aluminum alloy components for weight reduction
- Brass mounting rings prevent wear-and-tear
- Locking mechanism for secure attachment of lens with push-button release
6 and 12 Month Special Financing* Available
On purchases of $299 or more. Online through Klarna, available at checkout.
Find Out More