*This item is Special Order Only, and subject to availability. Full payment is required in advance. There are no cancellations, retu4rns or refunds on special order items. We normally receive items within 2 weeks to a month after placing an order, but we cannot guarantee a specific ETA. If an item is backordered, it may take longer. Call us at 512-467-7676 if you need additional information.*
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Lens
The Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Autofocus Lens is a fast aperture standard zoom lens designed for photojournalism and general photography. Optimized for edge-to-edge sharpness on both the Nikon FX (full-frame) and DX-format image sensors, this lens also includes two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements and PGM aspherical lenses that help control chromatic aberrations while enhancing sharpness and contrast, even at the widest aperture settings.
The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) feature provides swift autofocus with superior accuracy and ultra-quiet operation. This G-type lens does not feature an aperture ring on the lens body, resulting in a lighter and more compact lens. Aperture changes are designed to be done via the camera's command dial.
Note: AF-S feature is not supported by certain older camera models. Incompatible models are: N60, N55, N8008/s, N6006, N5005, N4004 & N2020. "G" type lenses are not fully compatible with the F4, N90-series, N70, N8008-series and N6006 (or older model) cameras, only programmed auto or shutter-priority auto exposure mode can be used.
- Two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements and PGM aspherical lenses control chromatic aberrations while enhancing sharpness and contrast.
- Exclusive Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity.
- Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range.
- Rugged construction and professional-grade dust and moisture resistance.
- M/A Focus Mode switch enables quick response to changing situations between Auto and Manual focus operation.