Outdoor Portrait Sessions
with Harry Connor
This class is aimed at people who need to know how to perform in the fast and furious pace of a very busy studio. It’s for the photographer who’s interested in understanding the art of painting with light by using reflectors, speedlights, and strobes. You’ll learn how to pick up the pace but still deliver high quality images with style—no science or math involved. With 20 years of experience shooting weddings, senior portraits, countless model sessions, covers and features in very mainstream magazines—I’ll share my secrets to success and show you how to handle the pace without sacrificing quality. I’ll show techniques that helped me while I was shooting more than 50 weddings and over 75 senior portrait sessions in a 6-month timeframe in order to take advantage of the short outdoor photography season in the northeast.
Location: WG Jones State Forest
• A memory card with space on it
• A fully charged battery
• Note-taking Supplies
- What’s it really like shooting 7 days a week.
- Gear you need for quick professional outdoor portraits.
- Working with the conditions you are handed outside.
- Working with Reflectors & Speedlights
- Balancing speed with quality.
- Types of reflectors
- Reflector colors and effects
- Fill-in lighting
- Rim Lighting with Reflectors, Speed lights & Gels
- Emulate the golden hour any hour of the day.
- Volume with Quality, why you need to shoot fast and professional.
- Reflector Techniques; Painting with light
- Blending both natural and artificial light to get a natural look, with a POP.
- Creating Dramatic Effects with Reflectors & Speedlights
- Let’s talk about Post Processing, because it makes you quicker.
- Moving from shot to shot quickly.
Class & Event Cancellations
Tier 1: Standard Classes
If you register for a tier 1 class and do not show up, your payment will be forfeited. You can reschedule a class only if notice is given 24 hours before the start time of the class. Unless otherwise stated, class refunds are only issued to customers that provide notice to the store that they would like a refund 48 hours before the class. Refunds will not be issued to customers who sign up for a class but fail to attend.
Each class needs a minimum number of students to enroll before the class can “make.” If the minimum enrollment has not been met two business days before the class begins, the class will be cancelled. All students who enrolled in the class will be notified by telephone or email, and may transfer to a different class or be issued a refund (see refund procedure). We encourage all students to enroll as soon as registration begins. Please check your phone and email messages, including your SPAM.
Free Basic Digital Photography Class
If you sign up for the Basic Digital Photography class with a coupon code and do not show up for the class, your class will be forfeited and you will not be permitted to reschedule.
How to Reschedule or Cancel a Class
Please contact the store at 512-467-7754 x341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel a class. Class cancellations or requests to be rescheduled that are sent through other channels, such as Facebook or Meetup.com messages, will not be honored. Please note that class refunds are only issued during business hours, Monday through Friday.