Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Digital Camera
The latest addition of popular high-zoom FZ series, the hybrid Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 II digital camera boasts a large 1-inch sensor plus 4K PHOTO and 4K video recording capability. A 16x optical zoom Leica DC Vario-Elmarit lens (35mm camera equivalent: 25-400mm) is integrated to achieve high descriptiveness in detail and resolution to corners. The Lumix FZ1000 II also produces stunning defocus together with the large-sized MOS Sensor. Minimum aperture is extended to F11. The camera also provides the Zoom Compose Assist function to help regain the subject quickly when sight is lost in telephoto shooting. Its High Sensitivity MOS Sensor boasts high S/N ratio, making it possible to capture clear images with minimum noise even when shot at high ISO. L.Monochrome and L.Monochrome D modes are added to Photo Style, making it possible to shoot dynamic monochrome photos with emphasized highlights and shadows while preserving the details. The Lumix FZ1000 II records exceptionally smooth, high-resolution QFHD 4K video in 3840x2160 at 30p or 24p in MP4. Taking full advantage of 4K technology, you can enjoy 4K PHOTO to capture unmissable moments at 30 fps and save in 8MP high-resolution photos. The FZ1000 II digital camera integrates Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity for a more flexible shooting experience with instant image sharing. Choosing the best shot out of hundreds of frames recorded with 4K PHOTO is now easier with the added Auto Marking function. Auto Marking lets you jump to the nearest frame where the differences are obvious minimizing the time it takes to choose your best shot.
16x Leica DC Vario-Elmarit Lens
The Lumix FZ1000 II features the Leica DC Vario-Elmarit lens (F2.8-F4.0) with 16x optical zoom (35mm camera equivalent: 25-400mm), and achieves beautiful, smooth and even defocus with invisible edge line. Its minimum aperture is extended from F8.0 (FZ1000 prior model) to F11, achieving F2.8-F11 at wide end and F4.0-F11 at tele end.
1-Inch 20.1MP MOS Sensor
The Lumix FZ1000 II incorporates a 1-inch High Sensitivity MOS Sensor with 20.1MP high resolution. This large sensor improves S/N ratio, resulting in dramatic reduction of noise even in shooting at ISO 12800. A rich amount of light helps produce impressive defocus with shallow depth of field.
New Monochrome Modes
For more creative expression, L.Monochrome and L.Monochrome D modes are added to Photo Style, making it possible to shoot dynamic monochrome photos with emphasized highlights and shadows while still preserving the details. You can adjust the grain effect between High/Standard/Low for more creative monochrome shooting.
4k Video and 4k Photo
The Lumix FZ1000 II is an advanced photographic tool for recording not only great photos but also high-quality videos in 4K. It features an outstanding 4K video recording capability (QFHD 4K: 3840x2160, at 30p or 24p in MP4). With 4K PHOTO, you can capture fleeting photo opportunities at 30 fps in 8MP equivalent resolution by extracting the most photogenic frame out of the 4K burst file to save as a high-res photo. Three exclusive functions are integrated to make the 4K photography even easier; 4K Burst Shooting, 4K Burst (Start/Stop) and 4K Pre-burst. 4K Burst shooting allows consecutive shooting at 30 fps, which can be used just like a photo burst shooting.
Auto Marking And Sequence Composition Functions
Choosing the best shot out of hundreds of frames recorded with 4K PHOTO is now easier with the added Auto Marking function. Auto Marking lets you jump to the nearest frame where the differences are obvious between consecutive frames to minimize the time it takes to choose your best shot.
Sequence Composition makes it possible to make a stromotion image by synthesizing multiple images shot at a fixed frame with 4K PHOTO. A unique image reflecting the subject's motion can be produced easily in the camera without needing a special retouching process.
Post Focus Mode
The Lumix FZ1000 II includes the Post Focus function to select in-focus areas even after shooting. It is helpful in situations like macro shooting where severe focusing is required or for changing expressions by changing the focused subject. Post Focus combines high-speed, high-precision DFD (Depth From Defocus) auto focus and 4K technologies.
Focus Stacking Mode
Integrated Focus Stacking adjusts focus area after shooting by combining multiple images shot with the Post Focus function in the camera. There's no need to establish a focus point during shooting but you can get the image with the defocus you want or pan-focus the image by selecting the focus area after shooting. Highly beneficial when shooting macro images of insects, small accessories and so on.
For even faster response and higher mobility, the Lumix FZ1000 II integrates a dedicated linear motor into the focus system. The Light Speed AF, with an adoption of DFD (Depth From Defocus) technology, even shortens the time to set focus. It also boasts high speed burst shooting in RAW. The Lumix FZ1000 II can release mechanical shutter at max. 1/4000 sec and at 1/16000 with electronic shutter to reduce washouts even under strong sunlight.
Viewfinder And Touch Display
The FZ1000 II delivers high-precision, high-speed OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) LVF (Live View Finder). With 0.39-inch 2,360k-dot high resolution in 4:3 aspect, the LVF boasts approx 0.74x (35mm camera equiv.) magnification and 100% field of view. With an eyepoint of approximately 20mm, it offers high visibility with comfort for those wearing glasses. And it's always sharp and clear from center to corners.
The 3.0-inch 1,240k-dot free-angle rear monitor adopting touch control rotates 180 degrees to the side and tilts 270 degrees up and down to offer approx. 100% of field of view. Adopting a static-type touch control system, it immediately lets you set focus on the subject simply by touching the screen and releasing the shutter. It's easy to enlarge the target point with your fingertips to set precise focus.
Front And Rear Dials
Lumix FZ1000 II operability is also improved with intuitive controls. The front/rear dual dial system enables direct setting over shutter speed and aperture. For quick access to the target setting menu, you can assign the frequently used functions to a total of 13 Fn buttons including three new buttons on the lens barrel and five on the touch control menu.
The FZ1000 II integrates Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity for a more flexible shooting experience with instant image sharing. Once connected to a smartphone or tablet installed with the Panasonic Image App for iOS / Android, you can shoot, browse and share images remotely, plus choose the picture quality of the photos you send. Compatibility with Bluetooth 4.2 (called BLE: Bluetooth Low Energy) maintains constant connection to a smartphone/tablet with minimum power consumption, and enables the camera to activate by simply using a smartphone/tablet or to automatically add GPS geotags on your photos.
- Large Sensor - 1-Inch 20.1MP MOS sensor provides excellent low light and color depth performance making it perfect for wildlife, sports, news or candid shots
- Leica DC Vario-Elmarit - 16x optical zoom Leica DC Vario-Elmarit F2.8-F4.0 lens (35mm camera equivalent: 25-400mm). Minimum aperture F11, yielding F2.8-F11 at wide end and F4.0-F11 at telephoto end
- 5-Axis Hybrid O.I.S. - Optical Image Stabilizer(O.I.S.) plus Active Mode effectively compensate for hand shake to minimize blur during zoom shooting with your Lumix camera
- 4K Video & 4K Photo - QFHD 4K video in 3840x2160 30p or 24p in MP4. 4K Photo 30 fps in 8MP
- Camera Body Viewfinder and Display - High-speed (2,360k-dot) OLED Live View Finder, plus 3.0-inch (1,240k-dot) touch control display rotates 180 degrees to the side and tilts 270 degrees up and down
- Actual: 20.9 Megapixel Effective: 20.1 Megapixel
- 1" MOS
- File Formats:
- Still Images: JPEG, RAW | Movies: AVCHD 2.0, MP4 | Audio: AAC, Dolby Digital 2ch
- Max Resolution:
- 4864 x 3648
- Aspect Ratio:
- 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9
- Image Stabilization:
- Optical, 5-Way
- Leica DC Vario-Elmarit, 15 Elements in 11 Groups 5 Aspherical, 4 ED Effective Focal Length: 9.1 to 146mm (35 mm Equivalent: 27 to 432mm) Aperture: f/2.8 (W) to f/4 (T) to f/11 (T)
- Optical: 16x Extra Optical Zoom (EZ): 22.4x Extra Optical Zoom (EZ): 32x Intelligent Zoom: 32x Digital: 4x
- Focus Range:
- Wide: 0.98' to Infinity | Telephoto: 3.28' to Infinity | Wide Macro: 1.18" to Infinity
- ISO Sensitivity:
- Auto, 125 to 12800 (Extended Mode:80 to 25600)
- Type: Mechanical | Speed: 60 to 1/4000 Second | Type: Electronic | Speed: 1 to 1/16000 Second 120 to 0 Second in Bulb Mode
- Exposure Metering:
- Center-Weighted, Multi, Spot
- Exposure Modes:
- Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority | Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV Steps)
- White Balance Modes:
- Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Incandescent, Shade, White Set 1, White Set 2, White Set 3, White Set 4
- Buffer/Continuous Shooting:
- Up to 12 fps at 20.1 MP | Up to 7 fps at 20.3 MP | Up to 2 fps at 20.3 MP | Up to 30 fps at 8 MP
- 2, 10 Sec
- Interval Recording:
- Built-In Flash:
- Effective Range:
- Wide:0.98 to 44.29' | Telephoto:3.28 to 31.17'
- External Flash Connection:
- Hot Shoe
- Memory Card Type:
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Video Recording:
- Yes, NTSC
- 3840 x 2160p: 29.97 fps, 24 fps | 1920 x 1080p: 120 fps, 59.94 fps, 29.97 fps, 24 fps | 1920 x 1080i: 59.94 fps | 1280 x 720p: 30 fps
- Video Clip Length:
- Up to 29 Minutes 59 Seconds
- Audio Recording:
- Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo) | Optional External Mic: With Video (Stereo)
- Viewfinder Type:
- Viewfinder Coverage:
- 3.0" LCD Rear Touchscreen Swivel (1,240,000 Pixels)
- Screen Coverage:
- HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B
- Yes, Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n) Built In
- 1 x Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1200 mAh
- 5.4 x 3.8 x 5.2"
- 1.78 lb with battery and memory card
In The Box
6 and 12 Month Special Financing* Available
On purchases of $299 or more. Online through Klarna, available at checkout.