Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Mirrorless Micro 4/3 Camera Body
The Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 offers sharp, high resolution photographs with its 20.3-megapixel sensor and a new LUMIX ultra high-speed AF technology. This new autofocus includes fast 0.04 second lock focus and 60 fps electronic shutter or 20 fps electronic shutter high-speed burst in full-resolution. The 3.0" swivel touchscreen and the 3,680K-dot OLED Live View Finder ensure that you are getting the picture you expect, every time. The 5-Axis Dual I.S2 combines data froma gyro, accelerometer & image sensors for stabilization performance of 6.5 stops lower shutter speeds when combined with LUMIX O.I.S. lenses with 2-Axis I.S.
Massive 80MP RAW Capture
A High-Resolution special mode yields 80 megapixels in RAW recording by shooting the 20.3-megapixel sensor 8 times to create a single image.
Improved Focus Detect & Selective AF
A Joystick Controller on the back can be used to smoothly and intuitively select focus blocks inside the focusing area grid overlay. A new 225-Area AF focus detection area has been massively increased from 49 (conventional LUMIX G cameras) to 225 points. The Custom Multi AF mode enables free selection of blocks inside the 225 focusing area.
Large 0.83x OLED Viewfinder
A massive, super high-resolution 3,680k-dot OLED Live View Finder (LVF) improves visibility for perfect framing even under direct sunlight. With Panasonic's highest-level 0.83x magnification to date and a long 21mm eye point distance, it is excellent for people who wear glasses.
Eliminate Effects of Camera Shake
5-Axis Dual I.S. 2.0 (Image Stabilizer) intelligent compensation yields the equivalent of 6.5-stops in slower shutter speed. Shake is nearly eliminated in both body and lens even while telephoto shooting. It also works in both photo and video recording, including 4K video. Even lenses not equipped with Optical Image Stabilizers (O.I.S.) can benefit from the LUMIX G9 in-body image stabilization.
Large Status LCD
A new status LCD instantly confirms the camera's settings. Convenient for shooting with frequent settings adjustments, and for simply framing with the viewfinder and rear monitor.
Professional Dual SD Card Slots
Equipped with dual SD card slots for larger capacity recording and efficient file arrangement. Relay recording allows for swapping a full card out for an empty card for virtually endless recording. A backup mode allows continuous recording on one card while starting and stopping recording on the other card. Simultaneous record duplicates recording on both cards.
4K 60p Video & Slow-Motion Effects
Outstanding video performance with high-precision, silky-smooth 4K 60p recording (QFHD 4K: 3840 x 2160 / MP4). Plus, high-speed video recording yields a dramatic slow motion effect in 4K (60 fps max. 2x slower [30p playback]) or Full HD (180 fps max. 6x slower [30p playback]) quality.
Fast Access to Custom Setup
A conveniently located function (Fn) Lever lets you quickly switch between precise custom settings. Great for instantly changing from RAW to JPEG, or shooting while switching between color and monochrome.
With customized AF settings, adjust AF directionality depending on the scene.
Custom Selectable AF Zone
Focus area group size and position are customizable for Multi AF / Custom Multi AF.
The shutter unit is durable for approx. 200,000 times release*. Not only does it offer the highest shutter speed at max. 1/8000 to capture fast-moving, spur-of-the-moment shots, you can also achieve impressive de-focus effects with fast aperture lenses under bright light.
The LUMIX G9 is built tough to withstand heavy professional use. It is freeze-proof down to -10-degrees in addition to splash/dust-proof construction thanks to weather sealing on every joint, dial and button. A magnesium alloy full die-cast armor frame makes the body lightweight yet durable while bringing ruggedness to the compact size.
USB Power Supply
USB power supply compatibility. Shoot while connected to the battery charger and eliminate worry about remaining battery power. A useful feature for nature photography when you need to wait patiently for the shot to happen.
Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-60mm f/2.8-4 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. Lens
Included with the camera body is the Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-60mm f/2.8-4 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. lens; a 24-120mm equivalent zoom spanning wide-angle to short telephoto perspectives. This versatile optic, which has been designed in collaboration with Leica, features a series of aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements to greatly reduce spherical and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range. Its linear motor offers quick and quiet autofocus performance while the POWER Optical Image Stabilizer system helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake. Additionally, matching the camera body's design, the lens is also splash, dust, and freeze-proof to enable its use in trying environmental conditions.
- Full resolution 20.3-megapixel sensor, plus 80 megapixels high-resolution JPEG /RAW in-camera image
- Fast 0.04 sec. (approx.) lock focus result *1 from a new LUMIX ultra high-speed AF technology. 60 fps [AFS] electronic shutter or 20 fps [AFC] electronic shutter high-speed burst in full-res
- Massive 3,680K-dot OLED Live View Finder [LVF] with 120 fps refresh rate, 0.83X magnification, and blackout free 100% field of view
- 5-Axis Dual I.S2 combines data from a gyro, accelerometer, & image sensors for stabilization performance of 6.5 stops lower shutter speeds, when combined with LUMIX O.I.S. lenses with 2-Axis I.S.
- Dual UHS-II SD Card slots for in-camera backup, relay, or format allocation recording
- Lighted top mounted Status LCD for at-a-glance feedback on camera setup
- Lens Mount:
- Micro Four Thirds
- Camera Format:
- Micro Four Thirds (2x Crop Factor)
- Actual: 21.77 Megapixel | Effective: 20.3 Megapixel
- Maximum Resolution:
- 5184 x 3888
- Aspect Ratio:
- 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9
- Sensor Type:
- Sensor Size:
- 17.3 x 13 mm
- Image File Format:
- JPEG, Raw
- Image Stabilization:
- Sensor-Shift, 5-Axis
- EXPOSURE CONTROL
- ISO Sensitivity:
- Auto, 200 to 25600 (Extended: 100 to 25600)
- Shutter Speed:
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter: 1/8000 to 60 Seconds | 1 to 30 Minutes in Bulb Mode
- Electronic Shutter: 1/32000 to 1 Second | 1/16000 to 1/25 Second in Movie Mode
- Metering Method:
- Center-Weighted Average, Multiple, Spot
- Exposure Modes:
- Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
- Exposure Compensation:
- -5 to +5 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
- Metering Range:
- 0 to 18 EV
- White Balance:
- Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Incandescent, Shade, White Set
- Continuous Shooting:
- Up to 9 fps at 20.3 MP
- Up to 12 fps at 20.3 MP
- Up to 20 fps at 20.3 MP
- Up to 60 fps at 20.3 MP
- Up to 30 fps at 18 MP
- Up to 60 fps at 8 MP
- Interval Recording:
- 2/10-Second Delay
- External Recording Modes:
- 4:2:2 10-Bit: UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) up to 59.94p
- Recording Limit:
- Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds
- Video Encoding:
- Audio Recording:
- Built-In Microphone (Stereo) | External Microphone Input
- Audio File Format:
- AAC, Dolby Digital 2ch, Linear PCM
- Focus Type:
- Auto and Manual Focus
- Focus Mode:
- Continuous-Servo AF (C), Flexible (AFF), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)
- Autofocus Points:
- Contrast Detection: 225
- Autofocus Sensitivity:
- -4 to +18 EV
- VIEWFINDER AND MONITOR
- Viewfinder Type:
- Viewfinder Resolution:
- 3,680,000 Dot
- Viewfinder Eye Point:
- 21 mm
- Viewfinder Coverage:
- Viewfinder Magnification:
- Approx. 0.83x
- Diopter Adjustment:
- -4 to +3
- 1,040,000 Dot
- Display Type:
- Articulating Touchscreen LCD
- Built-In Flash:
- Flash Modes:
- Auto, Auto/Red-Eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-Eye Reduction, Off, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
- Maximum Sync Speed:
- 1/250 Second
- Flash Compensation:
- -3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
- Dedicated Flash System:
- External Flash Connection:
- Hot Shoe, PC Terminal
- Memory Card Slot:
- Dual Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II)
- 3.5mm Headphone, 3.5mm Microphone, 2.5mm Sub-Mini, HDMI A (Full Size), USB Micro-B (USB 3.0)
- Wi-Fi | Bluetooth
- Operating Temperature:
- 14 to 104°F
- Operating Humidity:
- 10 to 80%
- 1 x DMW-BLF19 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 1860 mAh
- 5.4 x 3.8 x 3.6"
- 1.27 lb