Zoom LiveTrak L-8 Portable 8-Channel Digital Mixer and Multitrack Recorder
Creators are evolving - and so are we. Zoom LiveTrak L-8 makes it easier than ever to mix, monitor and record professional-sounding podcasts and music performances in one portable, affordable package.
Power to the Podcast
Podcast creators are a special breed. They require a unique set of audio features, along with the flexibility of a proper mixing console. The LiveTrak L-8 combines Zoom's famous audio performance with features made for podcasters.
Sound Pad Magic
Just press a button to play intros, outros, jingles, ads and sound effects. With 6 easily-assignable Sound Pads, the right sound is at your fingertips.
First-Time Caller, Long-Time Listener
Remote interviews are a snap with the L-8; just connect your phone via the provided TRRS cable. The Mix-Minus function automatically prevents echo and feedback to and from the caller. Or use the USB connection to route audio from Skype, Facetime, Hangouts, Slack and more.
Freedom of Speech
Zoom's preamps are famous for a good reason: they're transparent, powerful and ultra-reliable. The L-8 features six independent Zoom preamps, built to handle anything from a whisper to a raucous debate.
Hear Yourself Talk
If you can't hear yourself, how are you supposed to speak your mind? The L-8 is equipped with four headphone outputs, so that each participant can clearly hear what is going on.
A Track for Everyone
The pros know that when you record everyone on their own separate track it just sounds better and provides more flexibility in the edit. The L-8 records separate tracks directly to your SD card, enabling you to edit them later.
On Air, On the Move
The Zoom LiveTrak L-8 can run up to 2 ½ hours with just four AA batteries, or on a USB battery, so you can podcast from anywhere.
Record Twice, Once
Used as an audio interface, the L-8 can record full episodes directly to your computer and an SD card simultaneously. You can also live stream while recording. L-8 is class compliant, enabling connection with iOS devices. Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required.
Save Settings. Save Time.
Once you've dialed in your mix... save it! The L-8 lets you save up to 7 show "scenes" that can be saved and instantly recalled at the press of a button.
Small in Size Big on Sound
From singer-songwriters to small bands, the L-8 is the ideal mixer and recorder for musicians who may be small in number, but big on sound.
Coming Through Loud & Clear
The L-8 features six high performance preamps each with phantom power, a low noise floor (-121dBU EIN), and maximum input gain of +54dB. Additionally there are two each Hi-Z, line-level and USB inputs. You can also fine-tune each channel with EQ and onboard effects.
True Multi-Track Recording
The L-8 lets you record up to 10 discrete tracks plus a stereo mix directly to an SD card at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. You can punch-in and overdub with ease, then transfer your work to your favorite DAW for fine tuning.
Go Out & Play
No outlet? No worries. Get up to 2 ½ hours of power from just four AA batteries. You can also power using a USB battery, and with the L-8's unique USB connection design, you never have to worry about accidentally disconnecting.
Individual Monitor Mixes
Never settle for that "compromise" monitor mix again. The L-8 provides three custom monitor mixes, so no matter where you are on stage, you hear exactly what you need.
High Quality Audio Interface
The L-8 is also a 12-in/4-out audio interface. Track directly into your favorite DAW or use the USB return to run backing tracks from your computer. L-8 is class compliant, enabling connection with iOS devices. Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter required.
- 8-channel mixer (6 combo, plus 2 TS)
- 12-track simultaneous recording, 10-track playback
- Mix-Minus function preventing audio feedback from dial-in guests
- TRRS connection and included TRRS cable for phone connectivity
- 6 assignable Sound Pads, with 13 preset sounds
- 4 headphone outputs, consisting of 3 custom monitor mixes, plus one main mix
- 3-band EQ and a low-cut function
- 7 scene memories for storing mixes
- 12-in / 4-out USB audio interface
- Class-compliant mode (for iOS compatibility)
- Battery operated with four AA batteries or a USB power supply
- Record up to 24-bit/96kHz, record up to 48kHZ to computer and SD card simultaneously
- 2 x XLR-1/4" TRS Combo Balanced/Unbalanced Mic/Line/Hi-Z Inputs
- 4 x XLR-1/4" TRS Combo Balanced Mic/Line Inputs
- 2 x 1/4" TS Unbalanced Line Inputs
- 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRRS Unbalanced Smartphone I/O
- 2 x 3-Pin XLR Male Balanced Line Outputs
- 4 x 1/4" TRS Female Unbalanced Headphone Outputs
- Input Gain:
- Mic/Line Inputs with Hi-Z Off: +10 to +54 dB
- Mic/Line Inputs with Hi-Z On: -3 to +41 dB
- Input Impedance:
- XLR: 3 Kilohms
- 1/4" TRS Line: 3 Kilohms
- 1/4" TS Line: 10 Kilohms
- 1/4" Hi-Z: 1 Megohm
- 3.5 mm TRRS: 10 Kilohms
- Maximum Input Level:
- Mic/Line Inputs (-26 dB Pad Off): -2 dBu at 0 dBFS
- Mic/Line Inputs (-26 dB Pad On): +24 dBu at 0 dBFS
- 1/4" TS Line Inputs: +3 dBu
- 3.5 mm TRRS: +3 dBu
- Phantom Power:
- +48 VDC
- Output Impedance:
- XLR: 100 Ohms
- 1/4" TRS: 10 Ohms
- Maximum Output Level:
- XLR: +14.5 dBu
- 1/4" TRS: 10 mW per Channel (60-Ohm Load)
- Master: 1
- Monitor: 3
- Send EFX: 1
- Channel Control:
- Low-Cut Filter:
- 75 Hz at 12 dB/Octave
- High EQ (Shelving): Â±15 dB at 10 kHz
- Mid EQ (Peaking): Â±15 dB at 2.5 kHz
- Low EQ (Shelving): Â±15 dB at 100 Hz
- Level Meters:
- 12 x 9-Segment LEDs
- 8 Types
- Maximum Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 12
- Maximum Simultaneous Playback Tracks: 10
- Format: WAV
- Bit Depth: 16-Bit or 24-Bit
- Sample Rate: 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz
- Supported Media Card Types:
- SDHC: 4 to 32 GB (Class 10 or Higher)
- SDXC: 64 to 512 GB (Class 10 or Higher)
- Audio Interface:
- 12 Channels
- Playback: 4 Channels
- Bit Depth: 24-Bit
- Sample Rate: 44.1 or 48 kHz
- Interface: USB 2.0
- System Requirements:
- macOS 10.12 or Later
- Intel Core i3 or Faster CPU
- USB 3.0 / 2.0 (Operation Is Not Guaranteed When Used with USB Hubs or Expansion Cards)
- Windows 7 SP1 or Later (32-/64-Bit)
- Intel Core i3 or Faster
- Card Reader:
- Class: Mass Storage USB 2.0 High Speed
- Frequency Response:
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz -1 dB at 44.1 kHz
- 20 Hz to 40 kHz -3 dB at 96 kHz (Gain at 3 O'Clock)
- Equivalent Input Noise:
- â‰¤121 dBu EIN (IHF-A) at +54 dB, 150-Ohm Input
- 6 x 64 Backlit LCD
- Power Requirements:
- Battery: 4 x AA Batteries (Alkaline, NiMH, or Lithium)
- AC: Zoom AD-17 AC Adapter
- DC: 5 V, 1 A
- USB Bus Power
- Battery Life:
- Alkaline: Up to 2 Hours
- NiMH (1900 mAh): Up to 3.5 Hours
- Lithium: Up to 6.5 Hours
- Testing Conditions: 4-Channel Recording at 16-Bit / 44.1 kHz to SD Card with Phantom Power Off, LCD Backlight at 15 Seconds, Battery Save On
- Power Consumption:
- 5 W
- 10.6 x 11.1 x 2.9"
- 3.4 lb
In The Box
6 and 12 Month Special Financing* Available
On purchases of $299 or more. Online through Klarna, available at checkout.