Introduction to Food Photography
Learn the basics of food photography. This class will cover key concepts to help you take mouth-watering photos of food and is geared towards all skill levels and users of all cameras, including mobile phones, point and shoot, mirrorless and DSLRs.
• Types of food photography vary: blogging, informal social media, editorial, and commercial
• Overview of good food photography
• Successful shooting angles, macro, close-up, overhead, 45 degree dining angle
• Food styling basics
• Plating/prop styling
• Working with continuous light
• Any lenses you wish to use
• A fully-charged camera battery
• A memory card with room to take additional pictures
• Note-taking supplies
• Tripod (optional)
This class is perfect for food bloggers, social media and marketing coordinators, small business owners with a food-related business, editorial photographers, aspiring professional food photographers and any other photographers looking to improve their food photography.
Schedule and Format
This is a three-hour class with one 15 minute break after the first hour. The class is formatted as a slide-based presentation and review of images, a demonstration of some tools of the trade and some hands-on shooting. This class serves as the foundation for the Advanced Food Photography Class.
About the Instructor
Josh Baker, founder of AzulOx Visuals, has photographed food and drinks for clients such as: Patron, Texas de Brasil, Sagra Italian, Catering with a Twist among other food and editorial clients. See more at azuloxcommercial.com.
12 Month Special Financing* Available
On purchases of $299 or more. In-store only with your Synchrony card.
Find Out More