PCU Weekend 2018
What is PCU?
PCU, short for Precision Camera University, is our education and community outreach program. PCU Weekend is a three-day, hands-on photography workshop getaway. We're flying in the best instructors from around the country so that you can spend the weekend knee deep in photography! This year we are doing something a little different, we will feature our first all-female slate of SIX fabulous photography instructors.
For the first time ever, we will offer a single day option for $199 or get all three days for $449.
You will choose three photographers to learn from and will spend one full day with each. Each instructor's teaching style will vary, but each day will feature a mix of seminar and shooting time. The workshops will include access to models and the images you capture will be yours to use for portfolio and promotional purposes. The weekend is a great opportunity to add to your portfolio, network with other photographers and have an amazing, memorable time.
While normally we offer a free PCU T-Shirt, this year the shirt will cost an additional, optional $10. We will donate money generated from the shirts to the Austin Chapter of the Susan G. Komen foundation to benefit the fight against breast cancer. One of our instructors this year, Jen Rozenbaum, is a breast cancer survivor.
If you have any questions regarding the event or your registration, please email email@example.com.
What is included with my Registration?
- Three full days of education with top professionals
- Access to FREE loaner Equipment to use during the workshops from all the industry's top dealers
- Lunches and Dinners during the workshop
- Model Releases (for promotional use only)
- Networking opportunities with fellow photographers
- Access to the industries hottest vendors
- Coffee Break Stations with Starbucks Coffee, iced tea, water, sodas and whole fruit
Upon registration, you will choose instructors in the order you wish to see them. We will do our best to give everyone their first choices, but registrations will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Classes can accommodate up to 20 students each day. All selections must be finalized by Oct. 5.
About the instructors and their workshops: Click the name for more info
- Olympus Sponsored: Tracie Maglosky - Environmental Portraiture
- Profoto Sponsored: Kellie Bieser - Children and Family Portraits
- Sony Sponsored: Caroline Jensen - Micro Landscapes
- Tamron Sponsored: Monica Royal - Shooting for Movement and Action
- Westcott Sponsored: Jen Rozenbaum - Posing, Subject Communication and Boudoir Photography
- Fujifilm Sponsored: Kara Mercer - Fashion, Lifestyle and editorial
Tell me about Accommodations:
The event will be held at the T Bar M Ranch in New Braunfels, Texas. We listened to your feedback, and we're hosting PCU weekend back where it's always been at its best!
T Bar M is an all inclusive location with accommodations on site. We have 74 rooms blocked at the ranch for a rate of $120 per night that includes a heavy continental breakfast and an array of bedding arrangements. For more information on the rooms click HERE. If rooms are available, please try to stay here. We stay up late Friday and Saturday nights, which is a great time to gather with other photographers in a social setting.
Other hotels in the area: Ramada New Braunfels, Comfort Suites, La Quinta Inn and Suites New Braunfels, Hilton Garden Inn New Braunfels, Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Braunfels, Candlewood Suites New Braunfels, Quality Inn & Suites, Courtyard by Marriott New Braunfels River Lodge and many, many more.
If you choose to stay in a hotel, cut your lodging cost in half by finding a roomie! Many of the hotel rooms have two beds. If you're interested in rooming with someone, make sure to join the PCU Alumni Facebook group and post a message there: PCU ALUMNI FACEBOOK GROUP