Zoom F1 Field Recorder with Shotgun Microphone
The Zoom F1 Field Recorder with Shotgun Microphone allows you to capture professional audio everywhere your camera takes you. Combining a two-channel, F1 audio recorder with a directional SGH-6 shotgun microphone capsule to provide run-and-gun video makers with a flexible solution for capturing high-quality audio for video. It features a lightweight and low-profile design, and attaches to the camera via the included SMF-1 shockmount, which eliminates unwanted thumping sounds caused by vibrations when shooting on the go.
The F1 is equipped with a stereo 1/8" mic/line input that delivers plug-in power to small microphones, and a proprietary 10-pin connector that is compatible with all Zoom microphone capsules. It records high-resolution audio up to 24 bit/96 kHz, providing high-impact audio for any video production. While recording to your camera, the F1 can also record to a microSD card, providing a stereo audio file which can be edited in post-production. The unit offers a series of one-touch buttons that give you quick access to record level, limiter control, lo-cut filter, and volume output as well as an 1/8" stereo phone/line output jack with a dedicated volume control, and a monochromatic LCD display, which is easy to read even in bright sunlight.
The recorder comes with essential features for videographers including a tone generator for setting levels, sound markers for aligning audio and video, an on-board limiter to keep your levels in check when loud spikes in volume occur, and a Rec Hold function to avoid accidental operation of buttons. A micro-USB port is available for data exchange to and from a computer, as well as for use as an audio interface with a computer or iOS device.
The F1 utilizes two standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or an AD-17 AC adapter (available separately), and offers a run time of up to 6.5 hours with alkaline batteries when using the shotgun mic. The unit ships with a windshield and a stereo cable to connect the recorder to the audio input of the camera.
- 2-Channel Field Audio Recorder
- SGH-6 Shotgun Microphone
- SMF-1 Shockmount Attaches to Camera
- 1/8" Stereo Mic/Line Input
- 24-Bit/96 kHz Audio, WAV and MP3
- On-Board Limiter and Auto-Level Control
- One-Touch Controls, Easy-to-Read Display
- Up to 32GB on microSD or microSDHC Card
- 2 x AAA Batteries Record up to 6.5 Hours
- Windscreen, Audio Cable for Camera
- 2-Channel Audio Recorder
- Recording Formats:
- WAV | MP3
- Recording Media:
- microSD and microSDHC cards (Class 4 or higher, up to 32 GB)
- Mic In Proprietary 10-pin connector, compatible with all Zoom mic capsules | Mic/Line In Connector: 1/8" / 3.5 mm stereo mini, with screw lock Plug-In Power: 2.5 V Input Gain: -12 to +36 dB Input Impedance: 2 kOhms or more
- Connector: 1/8" / 3.5 mm stereo mini, with screw lock | Maximum Output Level: 2 x 11 mW (into 32 Ohms load)
- 2 x AAA batteries, alkaline, NiMH, or lithium AD-17 AC adapter (available separately): 5 VDC / 1 A
- 2.5 x 3.1 x 1.3"
- 4.2 oz
In The Box
- Zoom F1 Field Recorder with Shotgun Microphone
- SGH-6 Shotgun Microphone
- SMF-1 Shockmount
- WSS-6 Windscreen
- SMC-1 Stereo Mini Cable for Camera
- 2 x AAA Batteries
- Limited 1-Year Warranty