DJI Drone Introduction Class
with Kelly Shores
- FAA Rules and Regulations
- Basic Rules of Airspace (how to know if it’s safe and legal to fly where you are)
- Drone Set Up (getting familiar with your drone and initial setup)
- Simple Exercises to Help You Become a Better Pilot
- Ways to Improve Your Drone Photos and Videos
- How to Make Money Flying Drones (Part-107 Certification & Jobs that use drones)
- Your Drone (Any drone drone under 10lbs)
- Charged batteries
- A memory card
- Note-taking supplies
- A drink and/or snack for break time
- Please have your drone assembled and battery charged prior to the class
About the Instructor(s)
Kelly Shores is a native Texan with roots in San Antonio, Houston and Austin. He is the creator of the YouTube channel Ready Set Drone (https://youtube.com/readysetdrone) as well as the owner of Sparksight (https://www.sparksight.com/), an Austin based video production company. Kelly has been flying drones since 2013 and holds a Part 107 certification from the FAA. He loves to fly camera drones, tiny-whoops, cine-whoops, and even some freestyle FPV when he has a chance. He also enjoys teaching new drone pilots to fly safely and responsibly while building a community of people that enjoy flying.
Please review our class cancellation policy below.
Tier 1: Standard Classes
If you register for a tier 1 class and do not show up, your payment will be forfeited. You can reschedule a class only if notice is given 24 hours before the start time of the class. Unless otherwise stated, class refunds are only issued to customers that provide notice to the store that they would like a refund 48 hours before the class. Refunds will not be issued to customers who sign up for a class but fail to attend.
Each class needs a minimum number of students to enroll before the class can “make.” If the minimum enrollment has not been met two business days before the class begins, the class will be cancelled. All students who enrolled in the class will be notified by telephone or email, and may transfer to a different class or be issued a refund (see refund procedure). We encourage all students to enroll as soon as registration begins. Please check your phone and email messages, including your SPAM.
How to Reschedule or Cancel a Class
Please contact the store at 512-467-7754 x341 or email email@example.com to cancel a class. Class cancellations or requests to be rescheduled that are sent through other channels, such as Facebook or Meetup.com messages, will not be honored.