Nikon Z50 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm and 50-250mm Lenses
Small in size but big in image quality, the Nikon Z 50 unleashes your unique creativity from day one. Combining the unrivaled potential of the Z-mount system with simple, well-thought-out camera operation, it helps you find new enjoyment in making stunning images just as you envision them - day or night. What's more, you can transfer your photos and videos immediately to your smart devices via the SnapBridge application, for easy sharing online. Get ready to capture the world in a way that you can only express with the Z 50.
Tiny has never been a bigger deal.
Meet the Z series mirrorless camera for the rest of us. Insanely small. Tough. Dead simple to use. Connected to your phone. Ready to transform you into a pro-caliber creator. Your followers won't know what hit 'em.
A bigger mount. What a bright idea.
Z 50 is designed around Nikon's revolutionary Z mount, the widest lens mount of any comparable camera system. A wider mount means more light, and more light means more of everything good—sharpness, contrast, focusing speed, low light performance and image quality.
It's your story. Tell it beautifully.
4K Ultra HD and time-lapse, 1080p slow-motion, filters, effects and so much more.
Edit videos on the fly.
Shoot a clip, trim it right in the camera, send it to your phone and post it without missing a beat.
Life's more fun in slow motion.
Turn an ordinary moment into an epic 120 FPS slow motion 1080p Full HD video, great for bending time, speed ramping and more.
The power of Z, only smaller.
Z 50 delivers the award-winning performance of Z series in the smallest interchangeable lens DX-format camera ever.
Have camera, will travel.
Z 50's strong, durable magnesium alloy construction makes it tough enough to take just about anywhere without fear. No need to baby this baby.
Works with your smartphone.
Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth make sharing a snap. Install Nikon's SnapBridge app, and your Apple or Android-powered phone becomes a powerful accessory for Z 50. Easily transfer photos and videos from the camera to your phone, and even use your phone as a remote monitor to to see what Z 50 sees, adjust camera settings, take pictures and record video.
Shines in low light.
With a 20.9MP DX CMOS sensor, a robust EXPEED 6 engine and the light-gathering advantages of the wider Z mount, photos and videos shot in low light look clean and professional.
See for your selfie.
Flip down the LCD screen to activate Self Portrait Mode—perfect for taking selfies and for vlogging.
Eye catching in so many ways.
When shooting photos, Z 50's outstanding autofocus system can lock onto your subject's eye and keep focus there, even when they're in motion, for beautifully focused portraits.
Creative filters and effects.
Get creative with unique mood-setting filters and effects. Z 50 includes 20 high quality Creative Picture Controls and 10 Special Effects, all of which can be previewed in real-time and applied to both photos and videos.
Silence is golden.
When you need to be a fly on the wall—capturing intimate moments, candid portraits, wildlife, music and more—turn on Silent Photography Mode and shoot in complete silence.
Form and function in complete harmony.
Electronic Viewfinder is slightly extended for a more comfortable glare-free fit against your eye.
Extreme attention was paid to the placement of each button and dial for comfortable, efficient handling.
You can feel the quality. Well balanced, deep grip, magnesium alloy construction...sturdy in every way
Oh, what a viewfinder.
Feast your eyes on Z 50's stunning high-resolution Electronic Viewfinder (EVF). It activates when you bring the camera to your eye, and it shows you exactly how your photos and videos will look—preview Creative Picture Modes, filters, effects and camera settings in real time.
A touch of genius.
Swipe through photos and videos, touch to focus, navigate camera menus as easily as using a smartphone with Z 50's large high-resolution touchscreen.
Z mount. One size fits all.
Your lens collection can grow with your creative aspirations. Z 50 works with all the cutting-edge NIKKOR Z lenses and approx. 360 compatible DSLR lenses (with the optional Mount Adapter FTZ).
NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm and 50-250mm Lenses
Included with the camera body are the NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR standard zoom and the NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR telephoto zoom lenses. Providing 24-75mm and 75-375mm equivalent focal length ranges, respectively, these two lenses encompass a wide-angle to super-telephoto range to suit working in a wide variety of conditions. Both lenses also feature Vibration Reduction image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld imagery.
- 20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 6 Image Processor
- UHD 4K and Full HD Video Recording
- 2.36m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.2" 1.04m-Dot 180° Tilting Touchscreen
- ISO 100-51200, Up to 11 fps Shooting
- 209-Point Hybrid AF, Eye Detection
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens
- NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR Lens
- Lens Mount:
- Nikon Z
- Camera Format:
- APS-C (1.5x Crop Factor)
- Sensor Resolution:
- Actual: 21.51 Megapixel | Effective: 20.9 Megapixel (5568 x 3712)
- Maximum Resolution:
- 5568 x 3712
- Aspect Ratio:
- 1:1, 3:2, 16:9
- Sensor Type:
- Sensor Size:
- 23.5 x 15.7 mm
- Image File Format:
- JPEG, RAW
- Bit Depth:
- Image Stabilization:
- Digital (Video Only)
- EXPOSURE CONTROL
- ISO Sensitivity:
- Auto, 100 to 51200 (Extended: 100 to 204800)
- Shutter Speed:
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter: 1/4000 to 30 Second | Bulb Mode | Time Mode
- Electronic Shutter: 1/4000 to 30 Second | Bulb Mode | Time Mode
- Metering Method:
- Center-Weighted Average, Highlight Weighted, Matrix, Spot
- Exposure Modes:
- Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
- Exposure Compensation:
- -5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)
- Metering Range:
- -4 to 17 EV
- Continuous Shooting:
- Up to 11 fps at 20.9 MP | Up to 5 fps at 20.9 MP | Up to 4 fps at 20.9 MP | Up to 30 fps at 8 MP
- Interval Recording:
- 2/5/10/20-Second Delay
- Recording Modes:
- UHD 4K (3840 x 2160), Full HD (1920 x 1080) up to 119.88p
- External Recording Modes:
- MOV/MP4/H.264: UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p | Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p
- Recording Limit:
- Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds
- Video Encoding:
- ISO Sensitivity:
- Auto/Manual: 100 to 25600
- Audio Recording:
- Built-In Microphone (Stereo) | External Microphone Input (Stereo)
- Audio File Format:
- AAC, Linear PCM
- Focus Type:
- Auto and Manual Focus
- Focus Mode:
- Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Full-Time Servo (F), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)
- Autofocus Points:
- Phase Detection: 209
- Autofocus Sensitivity:
- -2 to +19 EV
- VIEWFINDER & MONITOR
- Viewfinder Type:
- Electronic (OLED)
- Viewfinder Size:
- Viewfinder Resolution:
- 2,360,000 Dot
- Viewfinder Eye Point:
- 20 mm
- Viewfinder Coverage:
- Viewfinder Magnification:
- Approx. 1.02x
- Diopter Adjustment:
- -3 to +3
- Viewfinder Size:
- Viewfinder Resolution:
- 1,040,000 Dot
- Display Type:
- 180° Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Built-In Flash:
- Flash Modes:
- Auto, Auto/Red-Eye Reduction, Fill Flash, Off, Rear Sync, Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
- Guide Number:
- 22.97' at ISO 100
- Maximum Sync Speed:
- 1/200 Second
- Flash Compensation:
- -3 to +1 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)
- Dedicated Flash System:
- External Flash Connection:
- Hot Shoe
- Media/Memory Card Slot:
- Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I)
- USB Micro-B (USB 2.0), HDMI D (Micro), 3.5mm Microphone
- Bluetooth | Wi-Fi
- Operating Temperature:
- 32 to 104°F
- Operating Humidity:
- 0 to 85%
- 1 x EN-EL25 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.6 VDC, 1120 mAh (Approx. 300 Shots)
- 4.98 x 3.68 x 2.36"
- 13.93 oz
- 16-50mm LENS
- 16-50mm Lens Focal Length:
- 16 to 50mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 24 to 75mm)
- 16-50mm Lens Maximum Aperture:
- f/3.5 to 6.3
- 16-50mm Lens Minimum Aperture:
- 16-50mm Lens Angle of View:
- 83° to 31° 30'
- 16-50mm Lens Maximum Magnification:
- 16-50mm Lens Minimum Focus Distance:
- 16-50mm Lens Optical Design:
- 9 Elements in 7 Groups
- 16-50mm Lens Diaphragm Blades:
- 7, Rounded
- 16-50mm Lens Focus Type:
- 16-50mm Lens Image Stabilization:
- 16-50mm Lens Filter Size:
- 46mm (Front)
- 16-50mm Lens Dimensions:
- 2.76 x 1.26"
- 16-50mm Lens Weight:
- 4.76 oz
- 50-250mm LENS
- 50-250mm Lens Focal Length:
- 50 to 250mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 75 to 375mm)
- 50-250mm Lens Maximum Aperture:
- f/4.5 to 6.3
- 50-250mm Lens Minimum Aperture:
- 50-250mm Lens Angle of View:
- 31° 30' to 6° 30'
- 50-250mm Lens Maximum Magnification:
- 50-250mm Lens Minimum Focus Distance:
- 50-250mm Lens Optical Design:
- 16 Elements in 12 Groups
- 50-250mm Lens Diaphragm Blades:
- 7, Rounded
- 50-250mm Lens Focus Type:
- 50-250mm Lens Image Stabilization:
- 50-250mm Lens Filter Size:
- 62mm (Front)
- 50-250mm Lens Dimensions:
- 2.91 x 4.33"
- 50-250mm Lens Weight:
- 14.29 oz