Canon EOS R100 Mirrorless Camera with 18-45mm and 55-210mm Lenses Kit
A sleek mirrorless camera for photographers, videographers, and content creators, the compact and highly-portable Canon EOS R100 Mirrorless Camera with 18-45mm and 55-210mm Lenses Kit is well-suited for modern-day multimedia workflows.
Experience the fun of RF mount content creation with the smallest and lightest EOS R series camera1, the Canon EOS R100. Excellent still-image capabilities start with its 24.1 Megapixel APS-C size CMOS Image sensor and DIGIC 8 processor, along with Dual Pixel CMOS AF with the ability to detect human faces and focus on their eyes. The EOS R100 also can record Full HD video at up to 60 frames per second, and detailed, high-res 4K from the central area of the sensor at 24 frames per second. The versatility and small size of the RF-S18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM lens gives you the flexibility you desire without taking up your whole camera bag. The RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STM provides added range with outstanding telephoto zoom coverage.
24.1 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS Sensor
The EOS R100 is equipped with a 24.1-million-pixel CMOS (APS-C) image sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor. With a significantly larger sensor size than many smartphones, this camera can capture images with natural bokeh for beautiful background blur, great color, and low noise. Images look stunning even when enlarged, with fine details reproduced with clarity.
Capture Bright Images Indoors without Flash
Taking advantage of its sensor size, the EOS R100 can take high-sensitivity and low-noise images that capture the atmosphere, even in low-light conditions. That way you can take images at fast shutter speeds to minimize capture shake and subject blur.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Eye Detection AF
Dual Pixel CMOS AF* provides fast, accurate autofocus that helps you get the photo you want right as the moment happens. The EOS R100 features an expansive focus area that covers up to approximately 88% horizontal and 100% vertical2 of the picture area, breaking the image up to 143 AF area zones during auto selection. With the EOS R100, you can easily capture your subject quickly with the Eye Detection AF — allowing you to shoot even when the subject is far away. Eye Detection AF can also be used when the subject's full body is in frame, to lock on the eyes from a further distance.
Capture those can’t-miss moments with up to 6.5 shots per second continuous shooting when set to One-Shot AF. This allows you to capture those momentary changes in facial expressions that are easy-to-miss.
Creative Assist and Creative Filters
Take photos in your style with similar intuitive usability of a smartphone app with the EOS R100. Creative Assist allows you to take on the challenge of image creation while in Auto Mode by changing settings such as “background blur,” “brightness,” and “saturation” easily and in real time on the Live View screen.
Creative Filters on the EOS R100 allows you to select various effects from your favorite filters just like a smartphone app during shooting or playback3, so you can easily capture impressive photos to share!
Silent Mode for Quiet Operation
Capture life’s moments without worrying about distracting them with Silent Mode on the EOS R100. Whether you are at your child’s recital, or your newborn baby is sleeping, the camera’s Silent Mode ensures you don’t startle your subject by enabling capture with virtually no shutter sound and preventing flash.
With the help of the 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, the EOS R100 can record high-quality 4K movies at up to 24 frames per second, or Full HD movies at up to 60 frames per second. By pairing the camera with a variety of RF lenses, you can express yourself by capturing videos with blurred backgrounds, in dark settings, or using various techniques that would be challenging with smartphones.
Smooth Slow-Motion Videos
HD movies can also be recorded at a high-frame rate of approx. 120 frames per second4 — ideal for smooth, slow-motion playback of videos. Designed to capture fun, beautifully detailed videos, the EOS R100 helps ensure you don’t miss any of the unique expressions of your friends’ or family's faces.
Compact, Lightweight Body
The EOS R100 camera is the smallest and lightest camera in the EOS R series1. Although it is compact and lightweight, the camera features a grip that provides a professional feel and steady hold while shooting. Whether for travel, everyday snapshots, or long-lasting still image or video shoots, you can easily enjoy taking it anywhere.
Precise Electronic Viewfinder
The EOS R100 is equipped with a high-precision 0.39-inch OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) EVF with approx. 2.36 million dots which displays a bright image and extensive shooting information. The EVF has been designed to provide a bright, sharp, and colorful approximate 100% view of the subject at hand.
Built-in Bluetooth® Capability
Bluetooth® pairing helps you connect the camera to compatible smart devices using the free Canon Camera Connect app. This low-energy wireless connection helps preserve battery life while providing remote control of the camera. It also sends continuously updated GPS location data from your phone, letting you geotag what you've captured so you know precisely where you captured the photo.
Built-in Wi-Fi Capability
Enable wireless functions, such as remote live view, file viewing and transfer, by connecting to Wi-Fi quickly and seamlessly. Using the Canon Camera Connect app, you can also transfer files to your compatible mobile device to browse and share on social media.
- Compact, lightweight EOS R series camera with an affordable price.
- Smallest and lightest camera body in the EOS R series built for excellent mobility.
- High image quality with a 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and DIGIC 8 processor.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF covering a wide area2 up to 143 zones with auto subject detection and Eye
- Detection AF available with Servo AF.
- Continuous capture of up to 6.5 shots per second when set to One-Shot AF.
- Change the look of still images with Creative Filters, and Creative Assist, during full Auto shooting.
- 4K (cropped) movie at up to 24 fps and Full HD movie at up to 60 fps.
- Built-in 0.39” OLED Electronic Viewfinder.
- Supports smartphone connection via built-in Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth® technology
- Image Processor
- DIGIC 8
- Recording Media
- (One) SD card slot
- Compatible with UHS-I
- Eye-Fi cards and Multimedia cards (MMC) are not supported.
- Lens Mount
- Canon RF mount
- Image Sensor
- Sensor Type
- APS-C CMOS sensor (compatible with Dual Pixel CMOS AF)
- Effective Pixels
- Approx. 24.1 megapixels
- Screen Size
- Approx. 22.3×14.9 mm
- Pixel Unit
- Approx. 3.72 µm square
- Total Pixels
- Approx. 25.8 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio
- 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
- Color Filter System
- RGB primary color filters
- Low Pass Filter
- Not provided
- Dust Deletion Feature
- Self Cleaning Sensor Unit not provided.
- Recording System
- Recording Format
- Compliant to Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and Exif 2.31*
- Image Format
- JPEG (.JPG), RAW, C-RAW (.CR3)
Movies: ALL-I (Time-lapse video only), IPB (Standard) (.MP4)
- Color Space
- Selectable between sRGB and Adobe RGB
- OLED color electronic viewfinder; 0.39-inch, approx. 2.36 million dots
- Approx. 100% (at JPEG Large image quality, 3:2 aspect ratio, approx. 22 mm eyepoint)
- Magnification / Angle of View
- Approx. 0.95×/28.0° (3:2 aspect ratio, with 50mm lens at infinity, –1 m–1)
- Eye Point
- Approx. 22 mm (at –1 m–1 from eyepiece lens end)
- Dioptric Adjustment Range
- Approx. –3.0 to +1.0 m–1 (dpt)
- Focus Method
- Still photo shooting: Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Selectable Positions for AF Point
- AF area: Horizontal: Approx. 88% x Vertical: Approx. 100%
- Focusing brightness range (stills)
- EV –4.0 to 20
- Focusing brightness range (movies)
- EV –2.0 to 20
- Available Subject Detection
- People / Eye
- Exposure Control
- Metering Modes
- 384-zone (24×16) metering using image sensor output signals
- Metering Range
- Still Photo Shooting: EV -2 to 20
Movie Recording: EV 0 to 20
- ISO Speed Range
- Normal ISO 100–12800 (in 1/3- or 1-stop increments)
Expanded H (equivalent to ISO 25600)
- Exposure Compensation
- User-set ±3 stops: (in 1/3-stop increments)
AEB ±3 stops: (in 1/3-stop increments
- Shutter Type
- Electronically controlled focal-plane shutter
- Electronic 1st / mechanical 2nd curtain Except in silent shutter mode
- Rolling shutter, using the image sensor
- Shutter Release
- Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- LCD Screen
- TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
- Monitor Size
- 3.0-inch (screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
2.95 in./7.5cm diagonal (2.44 in./6.2cm width, 1.65 in./4.2cm height)
- Approx. 100% vertically/horizontally
- Approx. 100% vertically/horizontally
- Brightness Control
- Manually adjustable in a range of 1–7
- Touch-screen Operation
- Not provided
- Anti-smudge coating not provided.
Anti-reflection coating not provided
- Supporting Standards
- Equivalent to IEEE 802.11b/g/n Standards
- Remote Operation Using EOS Utility
- he camera can be controlled via Wi-Fi® or USB, with Canon EOS Utility software installed in a compatible Mac or Windows computer.
- Standards Compliance
- Bluetooth Specification Version 4.2 compliant (Bluetooth Low Energy technology)
- Transmission Method
- GFSK modulation
- Bluetooth Pairing
- Smartphone — up to 10 devices; BR-E1 remote controller — 1 unit
- Built-In Flash
- No Built In Flash
- Flash Modes
- TTL Auto
- Maximum Sync Speed
- 250 Second
- Flash Compensation
- -2 to +2 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
- Dedicated Flash System
- External Flash Connection
- Hot Shoe
- Operating Temperature
- 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C (Recommended)
- Operating Humidity
- 0 to 85%
- Battery Type
- 1 x LP-E17 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Tripod Mounting Thread
- 1 x 1/4"-20 Female (Bottom)
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 4.6 x 3.4 x 2.7" / 116.3 x 85.5 x 68.8 mm
- 12.6 oz / 356 g (With Battery, Recording Media)
10.9 oz / 309 g (Body Only)