Canon EOS R50 With RF-S 18-45 f/4.5-6.3 Lens & RF-S 55-210 f/5-7.1 - Black
Capture the Moment Just as You Imagine It
Capture the moment just as you imagine it with the compact and lightweight EOS R50. Intuitive photo functions capture beautiful images automatically, making photography fun, simple, and convenient. A host of video functions such as 6K oversampled 4K 30p capture and Dual Pixel CMOS AF II makes the EOS R50 a great camera for movies and vlogging. Smartphone-like operability and connectivity makes this a perfect entry-level camera. The versatility and small size of the RF-S 18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM lens gives you the flexibility you desire without taking up your whole camera bag. The RF-S 55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STM provides a well-rounded telephoto zoom lens.
24.2 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS Sensor
Equipped with a 24.2-million-pixel CMOS (APS-C) image sensor and DIGIC X Image Processor, the EOS R50 camera can capture images and videos with reduced noise, delivering clear, detailed results even in low light. Images look beautiful even when enlarged, with natural bokeh that smartphones can’t offer.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
Easily keep track of your subject with Dual Pixel CMOS AF II – a highly responsive system that covers up to approximately 100% x 100% of the picture area, breaking the image into up to 651 automatically-selected AF zones during Whole Area AF. This enables impressive autofocus coverage on the EOS R50 camera that helps you get the photo you want right as the moment happens.
Automatic Subject Detection and Tracking
When the subject is found on screen, the EOS R50 camera can automatically select and track the subject, enabling photography that keeps them in focus with ease. Developed using Deep Learning Technology, subjects like people, animals including dogs, cats and birds, and vehicles such as cars and motorcycles — especially in a motorsports environment – are detectable.
Capture those can’t-miss moments with up to 12 frames per second continuous shooting using the Electronic First Curtain shutter mode, and up to 15 frames per second with Electronic Shutter mode. Electronic First Curtain enables shooting with less distortion, even for subjects with significant movement. The Electronic Shutter generates no shutter noise, making it useful when photographing sleeping children, concerts, dance recitals, and other situations where silence is necessary.
Advanced A+ Assist
Experience the joy of creative photography with an expanded array of auto-compatible scenes. Advanced A+ Assist on the EOS R50 camera enables great imagery even in difficult settings such as night views and backlit scenarios. Overexposure is automatically reduced so you can capture dynamic scenes or bright portraits, and multiple continuous shots are taken to create beautiful night images or macro photography with a deeper depth of field.
Vlogging Made Simple and Convenient
With video recording features such as 6K oversampled uncropped 4K movie at up to 30 fps, Full-HD High-frame rate movie recording at up to 120 fps, Dual Pixel CMOS AF tracking, and Movie for Close-up Demo Mode, the EOS R50 camera makes vlogging and video content creation simple and convenient.
Continuous Movie Recording That Exceeds 30 Minutes
The EOS R50 camera can continuously record video for up to 1 hour, allowing you to set up your video and keep your vlog, podcast, or other video project rolling without worrying about it stopping.
Movie for Close-Up Demos Mode
Ensure the correct subject is in focus with Movie for Close-up Demos Mode on the EOS R50 camera. This mode quickly switches focus from the on-camera subject to an object that is presented towards the camera’s lens, ideal for movies where showing a product to the viewers is necessary such as in makeup demos, or cooking videos.
Vertical Movie Mode and Aspect Markers
Movie rotation information can be set during or after movie recording, allowing videos to be played in vertical composition when viewing on a smartphone. The Aspect Markers Function displays visual markers for different aspect ratios that may be desired for posting the same file to various social media sites. This display provides consideration for proper composition for the different deliverable files that can be created when editing.
UVC/UAC compatibility allows the EOS R50 camera to be used as a web camera to stream live video in Full HD 30 fps fixed, without additional computer software, to applications such as Zoom™, Microsoft Teams™, Skype™, and similar on-line web conferencing software.
Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
Featuring a 3.0-inch, 1.62 million dot Clear View LCD II Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD, the EOS R50 makes it easy to compose and shoot from virtually any angle. With the EOS R8 Touch and Drag AF functionality, you can intuitively and swiftly move the autofocus point on the touch-panel LCD.
Precise Electronic Viewfinder
The EOS R50 camera is equipped with a high-precision 0.39-inch OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) EVF with approx. 2.36 million dots and a 22mm eyepoint which displays a bright image and extensive shooting information. The EVF supports up to a 120 fps refresh rate and has been designed to provide a bright, sharp and colorful 100% view of the subject at hand. There’s also an Optical Viewfinder (OVF) Simulation setting, which provides a higher dynamic range viewfinder image for outstanding viewing in harsh, contrasty lighting situations.
Wired and Wireless Communications
The EOS R50 camera supports both wired and wireless connections to your smartphone via its USB Type-C4 port, built-in Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth® technology, making it easy to upload and share movies and photos to your favorite social networks.
Built-in Bluetooth® Capability
Bluetooth® pairing helps you connect the camera to compatible smart devices using the free Canon Camera Connect app. This low-energy wireless connection helps preserve battery life, while providing remote control of the camera. It also sends continuously updated GPS location data from your phone, letting you geotag what you've captured so you know precisely where you captured the photo.
Built-in Wi-Fi Capability
Enable wireless functions, such as remote live view, file viewing and transfer, by connecting to Wi-Fi quickly and seamlessly. Using the Canon Camera Connect app, you can also transfer files to your mobile device to browse and share on social media.
The EOS R50 camera can be connected to a computer or smartphone via USB-C4. All Canon Camera Connect app features that can be used with Wi-Fi are now available when the camera and smartphone are connected via USB, using a compatible cable for your device.
- Digital interchangeable lens, mirrorless camera
- Image Processor
- DIGIC X
- Recording Media
- (One) SD card slot
- Compatible Lenses
- Canon RF lens group (including RF-S lenses)
- Lens Mount
- Canon RF mount
- Image Sensor
- APS-C CMOS sensor (compatible with Dual Pixel CMOS AF)
- Effective Pixels
- Approx. 24.2 megapixels
- Screen Size
- Approx. 36.0 x 24.0 mm
- Aspect Ratio
- 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
- Color Filter System
- RGB primary color filters
- Low Pass Filter
- nstalled in front of the image sensor, non-detachable
- Recording System
- Image Format
- JPEG (.JPG), HEIF (.HIF), RAW, C-RAW (.CR3) Movies: ALL-I (Time-lapse video only), IPB (Light)
- RAW + JPEG / HEIF Simultaneous Recording
- Simultaneous recording of any combination of RAW/C-RAW and JPEG/HEIF image-recording quality is supported.
- Color Space
- Selectable between sRGB and Adobe RGB
- OLED color electronic viewfinder; 0.39-inch, approx. 2.36 million dots
- Approx. 100% (at JPEG Large image quality, 3:2 aspect ratio, approx. 22 mm eyepoint)
- Dioptric Adjustment Range
- Approx. –3.0 to +1.0 m–1 (dpt)
- Focus Method
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Focusing brightness range
- EV –4.0 to 20 (with an f/1.2 lens,* center AF point, One-Shot AF at room temperature, and ISO 100)
- Exposure Control
- Metering Range
- Still Photo Shooting: EV -2 to 20
- Movie Recording: EV 0 to 20
- X-sync Speed
- Elec. 1st-curtain: 1/250 sec.
- Shutter Release
- Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- Self Timer
- 10-sec. delay, 2-sec. delay, Continuous
- LCD Screen
- TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
- Monitor Size
- 3.0-inch (screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
- Approx. 1.62 million dots
- Approx. 100% vertically/horizontally
- Brightness Control
- Manually adjustable to one of seven brightness levels
- Touch-screen Operation
- Supported for AF Point selection; Touch AF; Touch Shutter; Menu selection; Quick Control Menu; Magnified View; Volume Touch Sounds: 0 (silent) to 5
- Brightness / RGB
- Quick Control Function
- The Quick Control screen can be accessed by pressing the Quick Control button during shooting, recording, or playback.
- Direct Printing
- Compatible Printers
- Images can be sent via Wi-Fi to a PictBridge-compatible (wireless LAN) printer and printed.
- Supporting Standards
- Equivalent to IEEE 802.11b/g/n Standards
- Remote Operation Using EOS Utility
- he camera can be controlled via Wi-Fi® or USB, with Canon EOS Utility software installed in a compatible Mac or Windows computer
- Print from Wi-Fi® Printers
- Standards Compliance
- Bluetooth Specification Version 4.2 compliant (Bluetooth Low Energy technology)
- Transmission Method
- GFSK modulation
- Bluetooth Pairing
- Smartphone — up to 10 devices; BR-E1 remote controller — 1 unit
- USB Terminal
- Equivalent to Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0)
- HDMI Out Terminal
- HDMI micro OUT terminal (Type D)
- Clean HDMI Output
- Microphone terminal
- 3.5mm diameter stereo mini jack
- Headphone terminal
- Compatible with 3.5mm diameter stereo mini-plug
- Power Source
- Canon LP-E17 battery pack
- Optional Battery Grip
- Not supported
- Battery Check
- Automatic battery check with 4-level display when the power switch is turned ON.
- Start-up Time
- Approx. 0.4 sec
- Approx. 4.58 x 3.37 x 2.71 in. / 116.3 x 85.5 x 68.8mm
- Approx. 0.83 lbs
In The Box
- EOS R50 Body (BK)
- Camera Cover R-F-5
- Neck Strap EM-200DB
- Battery Charger LC-E17
- Battery Pack LP-E17
- Battery Pack Cover
- RF-S18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
- Lens Cap E-49
- RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STM
- Lens Cap E-55
- Lens Dust Cap RF
- Shoe Cover
- Printed Matter Unit(US