Leica SL 24-70/2.8 Vario-Elmarit ASPH Lens
With its universal focal range, consistently high aperture and closest focusing distance of just 18 cm at a focal length of 24mm, the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24–70 f/2.8 ASPH. is suitable for video and still photography applications across the board. It is a perfect choice for photographers with a preference for travelling light.
In still photography as well as video recordings, the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24–70 f/2.8 ASPH. delivers a consistently high speed of f/2.8 at every focal length from the wide angle to the short telephoto end. Thanks to its great versatility and compact, ergonomic construction, the lens enables a fast response to any shooting scenario without the need to change lenses.
The elaborate optical construction of the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24–70 f/2.8 ASPH., featuring six aspherical surfaces, guarantees excellent imaging performance throughout the entire zoom range. The eleven-bladed aperture and perfect chromatic correction ensure an especially harmonious bokeh and endless compositional possibilities.
With a body and lens hood made entirely of metal, the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24–70 f/2.8 ASPH. is a robust companion for any situation. Weather-sealing ensures that the lens is well protected against water spray and dust – so that even harsh environmental conditions will not hamper your photography or video project.
Quiet, fast and precise: these are the attributes that characterise the autofocus of the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24–70 f/2.8 ASPH. The fast stepper motor moves only a single, very light-weight lens element – resulting in a virtually lag-free autofocus operation. This not only applies when the lens is mounted on a Leica SL, SL2 or SL2-S, but also in combination with any other camera equipped with an L-Mount bayonet.
The optical system of the Vario-Elmarit-SL 24–70 f/2.8 ASPH. contains a total of 19 elements in 15 groups. These include three aspherical lens elements for the correction of monochromatic aberrations and nine elements made from glasses with anomalous partial dispersion for the correction of chromatic aberrations.
- Full-frame (24 × 36 mm):
- 24 mm: 82.3°/72.1°/51.8° │ 70 mm: 35.3°/29.6°/20.0°
- Number of lenses/assemblies:
- Number of aspherical surfaces:
- Position of the entrance pupil before the bayonet:
- 24 mm: 88,6 mm │ 70 mm: 57,1 mm
- Focus range:
- 24 mm: 0,18 m to infinity │ 70 mm: 0,38 m to infinity
- Choose automatic (Autofocus) or manual mode on the camera
- Smallest object field:
- Full-frame: 24 mm: 69 mm x 104 mm │ 70 mm: 108 mm x 162 mm
- Largest scale:
- 24 mm: 1:2,9 │ 70 mm: 1:4,5
- Electronically controlled aperture, setting on the camera, half or third values can also be set
- Smallest aperture:
- Leica L bayonet fitting with contact strip
- Filter thread:
- Lens hood:
- External bayonet fitting for lens hood (included)
- approx. 123/153 mm (without/with lens hood)
- approx. 88/97 mm (without/with lens hood)
- approx. 856/906 g (without/with lens hood)