Nikon Z 30 Mirrorless Camera with 16-50mm Lens
Creators, meet the camera you’ve been looking for. The Z 30 is packed with the features you need, like a front-facing screen, crisp 4K video, crystal-clear audio and worry-free autofocus. Designed to inspire your best work with easy operation, smart connectivity and convenience.
Effortless live streaming up to 60p.
Stand out among a competitive field of streamers with Full HD 60p and 4K 30p video quality. Also works great with compatible web conferencing applications.
Eye and face tracking.
Locks on to the eyes of people, dogs and cats and follows them.
Focus automatically repositions when you hold something up to the camera.
LCD closes inward to avoid fingerprints, smudges or scratches.
Red REC lamp.
Always know when you’re recording.
Tap the screen to change focus positions and adjust brightness. When shooting photos, you can also set the self-timer.
A shortcut to the settings you use most.
Easily build a custom menu, and access it with the press of a button.
Let the camera select the best settings for your situation.
Steady handheld shots.
Both Z 30 kit lenses have powerful image stabilization technology that reduces shakiness when you’re walking and talking. The Z 30 also has built-in e-VR when you want extra stabilization for video.
Free camera control app.
See what the camera sees, start and stop recording and take photos with the free Nikon SnapBridge app.
Optional Bluetooth remote.
Start and stop recording, take photos, control playback and access menus from a distance.
Sharp details. Natural skin tones. Great for thumbnail images, promotional posts, stories and the kind of photos that go beyond what a smartphone can achieve.
Keep rolling for over 2 hours straight.
Let the Z 30 roll for up to 125 minutes* so you can record take after take without having to start and stop the camera.
Need help? Tap the (?)
See a short, clear explanation of what each camera setting does. Learn while you use the camera.
Transfer photos and short video clips to your smart device.
Use the free Nikon SnapBridge app to wirelessly share between the Z 30 and a compatible smartphone or tablet in the moment.
An all-purpose wide-angle zoom lens with image stabilization. Great for selfie videos, how-to demos, testimonials and more.
A lightweight telephoto zoom lens with image stabilization. Gets you closer to distant subjects and creates beautiful blurred backgrounds.
Many more options.
The Z 30 works with every NIKKOR Z lens, from close-up macro lenses to fast primes, so you can find your personal style.
NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm Lens
The smallest DX format lens ever, now with a special edition silver finish to compliment the classic look of the Z fc. So light, you'll want to carry it everywhere. So stable, you can rely on it for steady videos and webcam streaming and sharp street photography. This is your all-around lens for everyday shooting.
The quality you expect.
The NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR is a high-resolution lens that brings out the best in Z cameras. It's sharp across the entire frame. It captures true-to-life colors and details you can almost touch. And it has a subtle background blur that draws attention to your subject.
Take it wherever you go.
So small and light, yet it does so much. Go wide for landscapes, interiors and selfies or zoomed in for portraits and close range shots. When it's on your shoulder or in your bag, it retracts for protection.
VR keeps it steady.
Built-in VR image stabilization counteracts hand-held camera shake for steadier videos and sharper photos. It also lets you shoot stills at slower shutter speeds without causing motion blur.
Your video side-kick.
The NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR covers all the angles—wide establishing shots, medium shots, and close-ups. It's lightweight design is great for shooting handheld with VR or on a gimble. A high-speed stepping motor powers compatible cameras' full-time Eye Detection AF in video. The wide-angle zoom is ideal for vlogging, streaming and when using your Z camera as a webcam.
Fast, silent focus.
The NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR uses a blazing fast, nearly silent stepping motor for autofocusing, and it performs brilliantly with Z series' Eye Detection AF to keep focus right where you want it.
Extra-low Dispersion (ED) and Aspherical glass elements reduce color defects for sharper, clearer images with outstanding contrast.
Assign it. Control it.
Assign your favorite function to the control ring—aperture/iris control, ISO adjustments, exposure compensation or manual focus.
ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass: An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
Aspherical Lens: A lens with a curved, non-spherical surface. Used to reduce aberrations and enable a more compact lens size. Aspherical lenses minimize coma and other types of lens aberrations, even when used at the widest aperture. They are particularly useful in correcting distortion in wide-angle lenses and help contribute to a lighter, more compact design by reducing the number of standard (spherical) elements necessary. Aspherical lens elements correct these distortions by continuously changing the refractive index from the center of the lens.
Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism: An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel provides highly accurate electronic diaphragm or aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting.
IF Lens: A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
Stepping Motor: NIKKOR Z lenses use a stepping motor for fast, accurate, smooth, quiet autofocus with reduced wobbling. This quiet drive system makes the lenses ideal for use when shooting video.
Vibration Reduction: A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
Super Integrated Coating: Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
- 20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- UHD 4K30p and Full HD 120p Video
- Live Stream at 60p, In-Camera Time-Lapse
- Vlogging-Optimized Design
- Hybrid AF with Eye and Face Detection
- 3" 1.04m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- ISO 100-51200, Up to 11 fps Shooting
- Built-In Stereo Mic, Ext. Mic Compatible
- Tally Lamp and Dedicated Selfie Controls
- NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens
- Lens Mount:
- Nikon Z
- Sensor Resolution:
- Actual: 12.51 Megapixel | Effective: 20.8 Megapixel
- Sensor Type:
- 23.5 x 15.7 mm (APS-C) CMOS
- Crop Factor:
- Image Stabilization:
- Digital (Video Only)
- Built-In ND Filter:
- Capture Type:
- Stills & Video
- EXPOSURE CONTROL
- Shutter Type:
- Electronic Shutter, Mechanical Focal Plane Shutter
- Shutter Speed:
- Mechanical Shutter: 1/4000 to 30 Seconds
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter: 1/4000 to 30 Seconds
- Electronic Shutter: 1/4000 to 30 Seconds
- Bulb/Time Mode:
- Bulb Mode, Time Mode
- ISO Sensitivity:
- Photo: 100 to 51,200 | Video: 100 to 25,600
- Metering Method:
- Center-Weighted Average, Matrix, Spot
- Exposure Modes:
- Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
- Exposure Compensation:
- -5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)
- Metering Range:
- -4 to 17 EV
- White Balance:
- 2500 to 10,000K | Presets: Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Direct Sunlight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Preset Manual, Shade
- Continuous Shooting:
- Up to 11 fps at 20.8 MP
- Interval Recording:
- 2/10-Second Delay
- STILL IMAGE CAPTURE
- Aspect Ratio:
- 1:1, 3:2, 16:9
- Image File Format:
- JPEG, Raw
- Bit Depth:
- INTERNAL VIDEO CAPTURE
- Recording Modes:
- H.264/MOV/MP4: UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.98p/25p/29.97p | Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.98p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p
- Recording Limit:
- Up to 125 Minutes
- Video System:
- Built-In Microphone Type:
- Audio Recording:
- LPCM Audio | AAC Audio
- EXTERNAL VIDEO CAPTURE
- External Recording Modes:
- HDMI: UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) up to 25p/29.97p | Full HD (1920 x 1080) up to 50p/59.94p
- IP Streaming:
- Media/Memory Card Slot:
- Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I)
- Video I/O:
- 1 x Micro-HDMI Output
- Audio I/O:
- 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Stereo Microphone Input on Camera Body
- Other I/O:
- 1 x USB Type-C Data Input/Output (Shared with Power Input)
- Power I/O:
- 1 x USB Type-C Input
- 2.4 / 5 GHz Wi-Fi | Bluetooth
- Global Positioning (GPS, GLONASS, etc.):
- 1,040,000 Dot
- Display Type:
- Articulating Touchscreen LCD
- Focus Type:
- Auto and Manual Focus
- Focus Mode:
- Continuous-Servo AF, Manual Focus, Single-Servo AF
- Autofocus Points:
- Photo, Video: Phase Detection: 209
- Autofocus Sensitivity:
- -4.5 to +19 EV
- Built-In Flash:
- Flash Modes:
- First-Curtain Sync, Off, Rear Sync, Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
- Maximum Sync Speed:
- 1/200 Second
- Dedicated Flash System:
- External Flash Connection:
- Hot Shoe
- Battery Type:
- 1 x EN-EL25 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.6 VDC, 1120 mAh (Approx. 330 Shots)
- Tripod Mounting Thread:
- 1 x 1/4"-20 Female (Bottom)
- Accessory Mount:
- 1 x Hot Shoe Mount on Camera Body
- 5 x 2.9 x 2.3"
- 12.3 oz
- NIKON 16-50mm LENS
- 16-50mm Lens Focal Length:
- 16 to 50mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 24 to 75mm)
- 16-50mm Lens Maximum Aperture:
- f/3.5 to 6.3
- 16-50mm Lens Minimum Aperture:
- 16-50mm Lens Lens Mount:
- Nikon Z
- 16-50mm Lens Lens Format Coverage
- 16-50mm Lens Angle of View:
- 83° to 31° 30'
- 16-50mm Lens Minimum Focus Distance:
- 16-50mm Lens Maximum Magnification:
- 16-50mm Lens Optical Design:
- 9 Elements in 7 Groups
- 16-50mm Lens Diaphragm Blades:
- 7, Rounded
- 16-50mm Lens Focus Type:
- 16-50mm Lens Image Stabilization:
- 16-50mm Lens Filter Size:
- 46 mm (Front)
- 16-50mm Lens Dimensions:
- 2.76 x 1.26"
- 16-50mm Lens Length at Maximum Extension:
- 16-50mm Lens Weight:
- 4.76 oz
In The Box
6 and 12 Month Special Financing* Available
On purchases of $299 or more. Online through Klarna, available at checkout.