Rode NTG2 Battery or Phantom Powered Condenser Shotgun Microphone
The Rode NTG2 is a condenser shotgun microphone designed for professional audio capturing in the field or indoors. With a history of manufacturing quality studio microphones, Rode has implemented low-noise output electronics and wide frequency bandwidth, both of which attribute to the NTG2's broadcast sound quality.
The supercardioid polar pattern and line-plus-gradient acoustic design effectively minimize audio and noise at the off-axis (sides) of the microphone, while the front of the capsule accurately reproduces incoming audio signal. The result is greater intelligibility and signal-to-noise ratio when using the NTG2 in noisy environments.
The NTG2 is powered with an internal 1.5V AA battery or an external +48V phantom power source. The output is a standard 3-pin XLR male connector.
The microphone features a rugged, all metal, lightweight enclosure that is ideal for camera mounting, yet durable enough to withstand the rigors of heavy road use. The Rode NTG2 is packaged with a microphone stand mount and windscreen.
- Battery or Phantom Powered
- Supercardioid Polar Pattern
- Excellent Off-Axis Signal Rejection
- Selectable HPF: 80 Hz
- Polar Pattern
- Frequency Response
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- -36.0 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15.00 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio
- 76 dB (1 kHz rel, 1Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Maximum Input Sound Level
- 131 dB SPL (@ 1 kHz, 1% THD into 1 kOhms load)
- Power Requirements
- 1.5 V AA battery or +48 V phantom power
- Output Impedance
- 250 Ohms
- Output Connectors
- 3-pin XLR balanced
- Low Frequency Roll-Off
- Selectable HPF @ 80 Hz/12 dB octave
- 10.94 x 0.87"
- 5 oz