Pre-Orders with deposits will have priority over wait list orders without deposits. Higher deposits do not give priority over others that have put deposits down.
Sony FE 20-70mm f/4 G Lens (Sony E)
Extend the range of the standard zoom lens to 20mm for wide field of view required to include yourself, your friends and the background with G series resolution and naturally rendered bokeh. Fast, precise, silent autofocus together and advanced optics provide peak performance for stills and video.
G Lens Image Quality
Designed for demanding visual creators, this ultra-wide zoom offers no compromises regarding image quality, autofocus performance, or movie-making functionality.
- Engineered for use with full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, the lens's constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the entire zoom range.
- Features a combination of three ED elements, two AA elements, one ED aspherical element, and one standard aspherical element to effectively eliminate chromatic and spherical aberrations while also rendering excellent edge-to-edge sharpness and color fidelity.
- Rounded 9-blade aperture provides deep, soft bokeh.
Enhanced Autofocus and Video Capabilities
Offering an enhanced feature set for both still photography and videography, the FE 20-70mm f/4 G lens delivers fast focusing performance, improved tracking, and a series of attributes specifically designed for videographers.
- Two XD (extreme dynamic) linear motors provide smooth, silent, and precise autofocus performance as well as improved tracking performance for photos and videos.
- Internal focusing system maintains the overall length of the lens and does not rotate the lens barrel while focusing, enhancing the use of circular polarizers and variable ND filters.
- Updated optical design effectively eliminates focus breathing, focus shift, and axial shift to prevent unwanted movements and angle of view variations during movie recording.
- Aperture ring with On/Off click switch and iris lock switch prevents the aperture ring from being accidentally moved between the f/4 and f/22 settings.
- Optimized for filming, the lens supports active mode image stabilization and micro-step aperture control for smooth and seamless video capture.
- Two programmable focus hold buttons and a focus mode switch for intuitive focus control.
- Minimum focusing distance of 9.8" with excellent close-up performance at all focal lengths.
Handling and Design
Compact and lightweight, this highly-versatile ultra-wide standard zoom offers a unique and expansive field of view for everyday shooting.
- Hybrid construction uses both metal and plastic components to maximize both durability and a low weight design.
- Fluorine coating on front lens element repels water, dust, fingerprints, and other contaminants while also making it easier to clean the front of the lens.
- Dust and moisture-resistant design includes a rubber ring to seal the lens mount for working in inclement weather conditions.
- Full-Frame | f/4 to f/22
- Fast Internal Focusing System
- Fluorine Coatings
- Dust & Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Ultra-Wide Standard Zoom
- Supports Micro-Step Aperture Control
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Focal Length:
- 20 to 70mm
- Maximum Aperture:
- Minimum Aperture:
- Lens Mount:
- Sony E
- Lens Format Coverage:
- Angle of View:
- Minimum Focus Distance:
- 9.8" / 25 cm
- Maximum Magnification:
- Optical Design:
- 16 Elements in 13 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades:
- 9, Rounded
- Focus Type:
- Image Stabilization:
- Filter Size:
- 72 mm (Front)
- Dimensions (ø x L):
- 3.1 x 3.9" / 78.7 x 99 mm
- 17.2 oz / 488 g
In The Box
- Sony FE 20-70mm f/4 G Lens (Sony E)
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens cap
- Lens Hood
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
6 and 12 Month Special Financing* Available
On purchases of $299 or more. Online through Klarna, available at checkout.