Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM II Lens
The FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II is an updated “holy trinity” standard zoom, packing evolved optics and AF performance into a convenient, compact, lightweight zoom design that offers maximum mobility for both stills and movies. It is an ideal match for high-performance compact α system bodies, and will cover a wide range of shooting situations.
High resolution that rivals the best primes
Excellent contrast at high spatial frequencies means superb resolution even at F2.8. Two high-precision XA (extreme aspherical) elements, two ED (Extra-low dispersion) glass elements, two Super ED glass elements, and a floating focus mechanism control chromatic aberration, astigmatism, distortion, and coma at all zoom and aperture settings. Nano AR Coating II subdues flare and ghosting for outstanding clarity.
Stunning G Master bokeh
Exquisite F2.8 bokeh extends throughout the zoom range thanks to advanced optical design and a new 11-blade aperture unit. Bokeh is enhanced by precise control of spherical aberration during design and for each lens during manufacture. Two XA elements with 0.01-micron precision suppress onion ring bokeh. Minimum focusing distance is 8.27" (0.21 meters) and 11.8" (0.30 meters), with max. magnification of 0.32x.
The most compact, lightweight, and versatile in its class
The smallest and lightest2 24-70mm F2.8 zoom in its class, this lens offers unprecedented flexibility and freedom. It weighs just 23.5 oz. (695 grams), 6.7 oz. (191 grams) less than the previous model. Its length has been reduced by 0.63" (16mm), and overall volume has been reduced by approximately 18%. Impressive portability and mobility make it a good choice for professional or enthusiast still or movie use in a wide range of situations.
Fast, precise AF and excellent response
Four of Sony’s original XD (Extreme Dynamic) Linear Motors, a floating focus mechanism and advanced lens control achieve high AF precision and approximately 2x better tracking performance while zooming than the previous model. With a compatible body it can shoot at up to 30 frames per second. The new aperture unit also contributes to high speed, enabling full AF tracking performance even when shooting with the aperture stopped down.
Movie features refined for visual creators
The latest lens design technology reduces unwanted image shifts and angle of view variations for smooth, expressive movie imagery. XD Linear Motors enhance AF and tracking performance, enabling high frame rate recording for exquisite detail. Independent focus and aperture rings are provided. Linear response MF ensures direct, repeatable manual focus adjustment when focusing manually.
Excellent control and reliability in any environment
An updated dust and moisture resistant design provides extra reliability for outdoor use in challenging conditions, and a fluorine coating keeps the front element clean. Convenient operation of circular polarizing and variable ND filters (optional) is provided by a special opening in the supplied lens hood. Two customizable focus hold buttons are provided for easy access and convenient control when shooting in any orientation.
- Superb image quality throughout the entire zoom range at all focusing distances
- Smallest and lightest F2.8 24-70mm zoom in its class2 - 24.6 oz
- Beautiful F2.8 bokeh throughout the zoom range from advanced optics & 11-blade aperture
- Four XD Linear Motors and floating focus achieve fast, precise, quiet AF and excellent response
- Minimum focusing distance is just 8.3” at 24mm and 11.8” at 70 mm, 0.32 max magnification
- Nano AR coating II effectively suppresses reflections, flare and ghosting
- Advanced design reduces focus breathing, focus shift and axial shift when zooming
- Aperture ring, click/de-click switch and iris lock for professional aperture control
- Two customizable focus hold buttons, zoom smoothness switch
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- ED aspherical lens elements correct spherical and chromatic aberrations
- Linear Response MF for precise, repeatable manual focus control
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via AF/MF switch
- Front fluorine coating prevents fingerprints, dust, water and oil
- Petal shaped, bayonet mount lens hood with filter control window
- Focal Length:
- 24 to 70mm
- Maximum Aperture:
- Minimum Aperture:
- Lens Mount:
- Sony E
- Lens Format Coverage:
- Angle of View:
- 84° to 34°
- Minimum Focus Distance:
- Maximum Magnification:
- Optical Design:
- 20 Elements in 15 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades:
- 11, Rounded
- Focus Type:
- Image Stabilization:
- Filter Size:
- 82 mm (Front)
- 3.5 x 4.7"
- Length at Maximum Extension:
- 1.5 lb
In The Box
6 and 12 Month Special Financing* Available
On purchases of $299 or more. Online through Klarna, available at checkout.