RENTAL ONLY - Profoto D1 Air 500W/s Monolight with Remote
The D1 Air 500W/s Monolight is a significant refinement of the ComPact monolight series from the company which having become synonymous with professional strobe lighting, is now celebrating its 40th anniversary.
No stone has been left unturned in the provision of tech and convenience features that seem to derive from professional photographers' wish lists. The sleek matte-black, high-impact polycarbonate finish encases strobe design that goes beyond the highly visible LED readout and is digital from the ground up. The 7 stop power range breaks down to 1/10 stop increments providing flexibility, precision and consistency, made possible by dual mode SMPS capacitor charging.
A new built-in 77 degree reflector (5.12" diameter) maximizes case space and is ideal for umbrella and softbox use. Features that we've come to expect from Profoto over the years: short flash duration, rapid recycling, a bright 300W modeling lamp and heavy-duty cabling are all on-board.
Profoto Air System technology replaces the sync cord, allowing the head to be remotely triggered from as much as 300 meters (1000 feet) away using a Profoto Air Remote or Air Sync transceiver (sold separately). The Air Sync provides wireless triggering (8 channels) via hot shoe or mini plug, while the Air Remote provides wireless triggering as well as full-function head control over 8 channels in 6 distinct groups. Additionally, the D1 Air's syncing and complete functionality can be wirelessly controlled via your PC or Mac by using Profoto's optional Air USB with the included Studio software.
Modeling lamp operation is user-selectable: On/Off/Proportional and Free (manual). There is also a selectable flash confirmation (dimming) feature in addition to an audible, fully-recycled tone. The D1 is compatible with the full line of widely-acclaimed Profoto light-shaping tools. Finally, the self-sensing multi-voltage circuitry allows you to take the D1 anywhere in the world.
Profoto Air Remote TTL
Maximize the potential of your AirTTL-equipped flashes through the use of an Air Remote TTL-C from Profoto. This powerful remote provides you with an outstanding set of features, including support for wireless power control and TTL, including high-speed sync, with Canon cameras. Operating on a 2.4 GHz frequency, the Air Remote can sync with flashes up to 1000' away with normal triggering and 330' with TTL. TTL is useful because it offers automated shooting and exposure and brings the advantage of high-speed sync, enabling the use of shutter speeds up to 1/8000 second. Also, the controller has 8 channels and 3 groups, ensuring minimal interference with other nearby systems and equipment. Each group can be controlled independently from one another, permitting ±2 EV adjustment of power ratios for TTL systems and nine stops of manual control. You have access to remotely turn on/off the modeling lights or heads, making it easier to adjust lights in your studio. Additionally, there is a mini-USB port for installing firmware updates and it runs on just two AAA batteries.
- High-visibility LED readout with 7 stop range in precise 1/10th stop increments
- Rapid recycling (0.2 - 0.95 sec @ 120V, 0.2 - 0.95 sec. @ 230V) insures that fleeting gestures and defining moments are caught, not lost
- The 300W modeling lamp meets the challenge posed by a high ambient light level on set provides easy pre-visualization of the final shot
- Air System technology makes the sync cord obsolete, allowing remote triggering of your D1 from as much as 1,000' (300 m) away. Alternately, the D1 Air's syncing and complete functionality can be wirelessly controlled via your PC or Mac by using Profoto's optional Air USB and the included Studio software
- Lightweight design with durable polycarbonate shell and built-in 77 degree umbrella reflector
- Self-sensing multi-voltage capability allows you to take the renowned Profoto quality of light anywhere in the world
- Super-short flash duration (1/1,000 - 1/2,600 Sec. t0.5) provides crisp, action-stopping images, and is especially valuable for dance, sports and other highly kinetic subjects
- Connect the D1 to the optional Profoto Air USB for PC and Mac for full control of your entire studio flash system via wireless communication
- Highly consistent shot-to-shot performance within a +/- 0.05 stop range via dual-mode SMPS capacitor technology
- Safety features include auto-diagnostic start-up circuitry, DDP (Deep Discharge Protection), pulse-charging capacitor circuitry temperature control and overload protection
- Fully compatible with the extensive line of renowned Profoto light shaping tools
6 and 12 Month Special Financing* Available
On purchases of $299 or more. Online through Klarna, available at checkout.
Find Out More