Domke X-Ray Film Guard Bag - Mini - Holds 9 Rolls of 35mm Film
FilmGuard Bags, from Domke, protect your undeveloped film from the streaking and fogging caused by exposure to x-rays during airport security and customs checks. If you're a professional photographer you don't have to worry about ruining your supply of film.
FilmGuard protects unprocessed sheet film and cassette film against the low-dosage x-ray machines that are used to check carry-on luggage at airports around the world. With their full-length hook and loop closures, FilmGuard bags also protect your film and disks from dust and weather. FilmGuard is not intended for use in checked luggage, which is exposed to much higher doses of x-rays. So it's always a good idea to first store film in FilmGuard bags and then pack them in your carry-on luggage, rather than checked luggage.
FilmGuard has a rugged, three-layer construction, starting with an outer shell of water-resistant ballistic nylon. In the middle, a lead-impregnated vinyl sheet provides x-ray protection. The interior is lined with smooth, 420 Denier nylon packcloth. When not in use, FilmGuard bags can be stored flat or used as a protective wrap around equipment.
FilmGuard bags were tested for effectiveness by InVision Technologies, Inc., manufacturers of the only Federal Aviation Administration-approved checked-luggage scanning system. Films with up to ISO 800 speeds were tested. The extensive tests showed that the FilmGuard design will protect film and disks from the low-dosage x-ray units used to check carry-on luggage. (The tests also showed that the amount of lead needed to protect film from high-dosage x-ray units would make the bags too heavy to be practical.)
FilmGuard is not intended for use in checked luggage, which is exposed to much higher doses of x-rays.
- Protect against fogging/streaking of unprocessed film
- Mini version will hold 9 rolls of 35mm film
- Durable, triple-layer construction
- Water-resistant ballistic nylon outer shell
- Lead-impregnated vinyl sheet Smooth, 420 Denier nylon packcloth interior
- Large hook and loop closure protects contents from dirt and weather
- Tested by InVision Technologies
- Makers of the only FAA-approved luggage scanning system
- Two-year warranty against manufacturing defects