Nikon Z30 Mirrorless Camera
Creators, meet the camera you’ve been looking for. The Z 30 is packed with the features you need, like a front-facing screen, crisp 4K video, crystal-clear audio and worry-free autofocus. Designed to inspire your best work with easy operation, smart connectivity and convenience.
Effortless live streaming up to 60p.
Stand out among a competitive field of streamers with Full HD 60p and 4K 30p video quality. Also works great with compatible web conferencing applications.
Eye and face tracking.
Locks on to the eyes of people, dogs and cats and follows them.
Focus automatically repositions when you hold something up to the camera.
LCD closes inward to avoid fingerprints, smudges or scratches.
Red REC lamp.
Always know when you’re recording.
Tap the screen to change focus positions and adjust brightness. When shooting photos, you can also set the self-timer.
A shortcut to the settings you use most.
Easily build a custom menu, and access it with the press of a button.
Let the camera select the best settings for your situation.
Steady handheld shots.
Both Z 30 kit lenses have powerful image stabilization technology that reduces shakiness when you’re walking and talking. The Z 30 also has built-in e-VR when you want extra stabilization for video.
Free camera control app.
See what the camera sees, start and stop recording and take photos with the free Nikon SnapBridge app.
Optional Bluetooth remote.
Start and stop recording, take photos, control playback and access menus from a distance.
Sharp details. Natural skin tones. Great for thumbnail images, promotional posts, stories and the kind of photos that go beyond what a smartphone can achieve.
Keep rolling for over 2 hours straight.
Let the Z 30 roll for up to 125 minutes* so you can record take after take without having to start and stop the camera.
Need help? Tap the (?)
See a short, clear explanation of what each camera setting does. Learn while you use the camera.
Transfer photos and short video clips to your smart device.
Use the free Nikon SnapBridge app to wirelessly share between the Z 30 and a compatible smartphone or tablet in the moment.
An all-purpose wide-angle zoom lens with image stabilization. Great for selfie videos, how-to demos, testimonials and more.
A lightweight telephoto zoom lens with image stabilization. Gets you closer to distant subjects and creates beautiful blurred backgrounds.
Many more options.
The Z 30 works with every NIKKOR Z lens, from close-up macro lenses to fast primes, so you can find your personal style.
- 20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- UHD 4K30p and Full HD 120p Video
- Live Stream at 60p, In-Camera Time-Lapse
- Vlogging-Optimized Design
- Hybrid AF with Eye and Face Detection
- 3" 1.04m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- ISO 100-51200, Up to 11 fps Shooting
- Built-In Stereo Mic, Ext. Mic Compatible
- Tally Lamp and Dedicated Selfie Controls
- Lens Mount:
- Nikon Z
- Sensor Resolution:
- Actual: 12.51 Megapixel | Effective: 20.8 Megapixel
- Sensor Type:
- 23.5 x 15.7 mm (APS-C) CMOS
- Crop Factor:
- Image Stabilization:
- Digital (Video Only)
- Built-In ND Filter:
- Capture Type:
- Stills & Video
- EXPOSURE CONTROL
- Shutter Type:
- Electronic Shutter, Mechanical Focal Plane Shutter
- Shutter Speed:
- Mechanical Shutter: 1/4000 to 30 Seconds
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter: 1/4000 to 30 Seconds
- Electronic Shutter: 1/4000 to 30 Seconds
- Bulb/Time Mode:
- Bulb Mode, Time Mode
- ISO Sensitivity:
- Photo: 100 to 51,200 | Video: 100 to 25,600
- Metering Method:
- Center-Weighted Average, Matrix, Spot
- Exposure Modes:
- Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
- Exposure Compensation:
- -5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)
- Metering Range:
- -4 to 17 EV
- White Balance:
- 2500 to 10,000K | Presets: Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Direct Sunlight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Preset Manual, Shade
- Continuous Shooting:
- Up to 11 fps at 20.8 MP
- Interval Recording:
- 2/10-Second Delay
- STILL IMAGE CAPTURE
- Aspect Ratio:
- 1:1, 3:2, 16:9
- Image File Format:
- JPEG, Raw
- Bit Depth:
- INTERNAL VIDEO CAPTURE
- Recording Modes:
- H.264/MOV/MP4: UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.98p/25p/29.97p | Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.98p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p
- Recording Limit:
- Up to 125 Minutes
- Video System:
- Built-In Microphone Type:
- Audio Recording:
- LPCM Audio | AAC Audio
- EXTERNAL VIDEO CAPTURE
- External Recording Modes:
- HDMI: UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) up to 25p/29.97p | Full HD (1920 x 1080) up to 50p/59.94p
- IP Streaming:
- Media/Memory Card Slot:
- Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I)
- Video I/O:
- 1 x Micro-HDMI Output
- Audio I/O:
- 1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Stereo Microphone Input on Camera Body
- Other I/O:
- 1 x USB Type-C Data Input/Output (Shared with Power Input)
- Power I/O:
- 1 x USB Type-C Input
- 2.4 / 5 GHz Wi-Fi | Bluetooth
- Global Positioning (GPS, GLONASS, etc.):
- 1,040,000 Dot
- Display Type:
- Articulating Touchscreen LCD
- Focus Type:
- Auto and Manual Focus
- Focus Mode:
- Continuous-Servo AF, Manual Focus, Single-Servo AF
- Autofocus Points:
- Photo, Video: Phase Detection: 209
- Autofocus Sensitivity:
- -4.5 to +19 EV
- Built-In Flash:
- Flash Modes:
- First-Curtain Sync, Off, Rear Sync, Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
- Maximum Sync Speed:
- 1/200 Second
- Dedicated Flash System:
- External Flash Connection:
- Hot Shoe
- Battery Type:
- 1 x EN-EL25 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.6 VDC, 1120 mAh (Approx. 330 Shots)
- Tripod Mounting Thread:
- 1 x 1/4"-20 Female (Bottom)
- Accessory Mount:
- 1 x Hot Shoe Mount on Camera Body
- 5 x 2.9 x 2.3"
- 12.3 oz